Ethereum React Native Boilerplate Questions

I haven’t seen any video on that on Moralis

@Habeeb12 it will be included in the next react-native video that we will publish. You can connect your android phone to your computer then open Android Studio and you can see the connected device in the menu like the screenshot below. Then you can click on the build(play) button to build the app in your device.

Actually am encouraging another issue, it was running on my Emulator yesterday but today I have this Issue below when am trying to config expo-cli on app.json file

I tried remove the former folder and Re-clone it but that is what am seeing now

Upon running yarn install, I get a lot of warnings:

warning "@babel/preset-env > @babel/[email protected]" has incorrect peer dependency "@babel/core@^7.13.0".
warning "@babel/preset-env > @babel/[email protected]" has incorrect peer dependency "@babel/core@^7.12.0".
warning " > [email protected]" has incorrect peer dependency "[email protected]".
warning " > @nomiclabs/[email protected]" has unmet peer dependency "ethers@^5.0.0".

This is an example of few of many. Is this something to be concerned about? I’m trying to run the boilerplate code on an android emulator. I’ve got the emulator working but have been having major trouble geting the boilerplate working past the login screen.

@Habeeb12 this boilerplate is now running on react-native CLI. Please follow the new installation guide. Kindly follow the instructions in this link:

@jaebrownn these warnings will be resolved when we are able to update all these dependencies. But for now you don’t have to worry about it as long as you are able to run the app on simulator or physical devices. Can you describe the issues you are experiencing when trying to login the app? Thaks!

@bingbong I’m now looking into this.

1 Like

this was the particuar one i cloned

@Habeeb12 install a wallet like metamask to your physical android device and get it connected to your computer. Enable “USB Debugging” in your android phone then open Android studio and you will see your device listed like this and you can run it in your device by clicking the buidl/play button:

i was unable to set my phone to developer options, it is telling me i should visit my IT admin

as soon i run yarn install this is what i see below

@Habeeb12 can you show a screenshot showing the project files in xcode? Thanks!

am not using xcode but vscode

Yes, i mean vscode. I’m not sure why there’s an
. expo folder in your project directory since expo is removed in the main branch of boilerplate. There seem to be a package name “chokidar2” that looks like it came from expo. Try removing expo folder and see what happens.

I’ve cloned and worked from your repo today. The issues I’m having are as follows:

1. When running on android emulator, I cannot login using metamask as I get a 404 error from WalletConnect. I hear this is a problem on WalletConnect’s side.
  2. When running it on a physical android device, even though I am prompted to sign in using metamask and approve the dapp, as soon as I return to the app it either crashes or does not pull my details from metamask.

this is what i have after removing the expo folder

i type yarn android

Can you try doing react-native run-android or npx react-native run-android if you are using the latest version of node?