Ethereum React Native Boilerplate Questions

Try to replace eth.png with another logo of your choice …

I am facing the next issue to integrate wallectConnect’s “connector” object with Moralis authenticate function.
I understand that moralis authenticate function requires the certain format to be passed in and team has modified the walletConnect’s source code to make it suited. So, I replaced the default wallectconnect lib with the "./frontend/WalletConnect.
The I followed the sample code "./frontend/Components/CryptoAuth.js ( https://github.com/gen02-dev/ethereum-react-native-cli-boilerplate) passing the “connector” object into authenticate(). But it turns out the error

Non ethereum enabled browser

It will be appreciated if you could give me a hint that where did I miss out.
You could also have a look at my repo branch#5 (5.Moralis_WalletConnect) if you have time. The authenticate() call is in ./screens/main.tsx

Many thanks!

3 Likes

Does anybody find the clue about this issue?

1 Like

@happyeric77 I’ll take a look at this.

3 Likes

any updates? spent on this issue around 20 hours and I don’t want to live anymore :frowning:

@ya.ushel hey, what issue are you facing? :slight_smile:

hello) i am on this one Ethereum React Native Boilerplate Questions

1 Like

i am leaved comments in enableViaWalletConnect function (which overrides Moralis.enable function. And every time when it is called - there empty object instead of connector.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support. I am looking forward to the solution. I have spent two days but still cannot get the clue.

1 Like

@happyeric77 @ya.ushel I’m close to a solution, I’ll put it here in a bit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@happyeric77 My bad, I forgot to fork your repo instead before I made some progress. Can you give me write permission to the repo? I’ll push a branch for the fixes. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I have invited you as the collaborator for the repo.

1 Like

@happyeric77 Thanks! I created a brach named fix-walletconnect. When you checkout this branch, make sure to delete node_modules. Then run yarn install again and run the app with yarn ios. Below is the screenshot after I believe I fixed it:

1 Like

@gen Thanks so much! I just have a try and it works! AMAZING AGAIN!
I also briefly checked the diff but I could not really see what was the cause of that issue. I realized:

1. The App is wrapped one more layer by MoralisDappProvider
  2. Some npm packages have been changed.

It will be appreciated if you do not mind letting me know what is the key taking effect to fix it.

1 Like

@happyeric77 What fixed it is downgrading moralis from "moralis": "0.0.183" to "moralis": "0.0.99". This of course is not ideal since we would like to use the latest moralis version as much as possible. This fix should be temporary until we find the best solution. I also refactored your code to limit some errors you might encounter in the future so you can focus on creating your dapp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get ENS reverse lookup working?

hello, i am having issue with the authentication, if i click on the login button it takes me to the walletconnect website

can i have the repo of this? because am unable to see this it rather took me to wallectconnect website

@Habeeb12 clicking on login will trigger walletconnect and if didn’t find any installed wallet, it will redirect to walletconnect website. You should have your physical device connected to login since you cannot install wallets to android emulator directly.

How can I Connect my Physical device to it?