[Questions] Metamask for Developers

awesome!

should i try to input yarn run start after its done

Yes you can use yarn start to start the app as usual.

thanks so much :cupid: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

for some reason its not letting me input anything is it alright to close the previous session out i opened up a new one to undo it and restart it it states somethings already running on port 3000 do i want too use a different port

Yes you are running another app server on localhost:3000. You can type y and it will select port 3001, or just quit your existing server and re-run yarn start.

1 Like

on3 mor3 qu3stion my metamask got logged out and after yarn install it was supposed to show poly mainnet however it doesn’t show it how do i get it to show up like in the tutorial?

I’m not too sure what you mean by show up, try re-authenticating. Make sure your wallet is on Polygon mainnet.

(upload://vk5Dia9NulI3ijZPsovB0g9VrNI.png)

You need to authenticate (Authenticate button in top right), it looks like you haven’t done that.

you are awesome thank you for your help last question i know i actually connected my wallet to moralis polygon however it says not connected but shows it is in sync with the visual studios code information i connected it to but no web3 connection for some reason

shows it is in sync with the visual studios code information

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying the boilerplate app isn’t updating the connected state? Do you get the signing message from MetaMask after clicking “Authenticate”?

yes that worked perfectly
i just mean the meta mask itself isn’t connected to a web3 website from what i could tell i did it the first time but my computer shut off not sure if that’s why but now i click connect to metamask and nothing connects

It is ok, if the app state has changed then you have connected your wallet to it. Unless you manually remove the connected site from MetaMask e.g. localhost:3000, it won’t ask you to connect the site anymore.

ok cause i just saw not connected and when i clicked or hovered over it it said it doesn’t detect a web3 website

I have such a error when I type yarn run start:

yarn run v1.22.19
$ set "GENERATE_SOURCEMAP=false" && react-app-rewired start
'react-app-rewired' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.```

and now after installing react by:
npm install -react,
i have such a problem:

Compiled with warnings.

Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@web3auth/web3auth' in 'C:\Programowanie\Moralis\MetaMask\node_modules\moralis\lib\browser\Web3Connector'

Search for the keywords to learn more about each warning.
To ignore, add // eslint-disable-next-line to the line before.

WARNING in ./node_modules/moralis/lib/browser/Web3Connector/Web3AuthConnector.js 210:40-69
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@web3auth/web3auth' in 'C:\Programowanie\Moralis\MetaMask\node_modules\moralis\lib\browser\Web3Connector'

webpack compiled with 1 warning

You can ignore this warning, your app should still work. You can install the @web3auth/web3auth package to get rid of it but it may lead to other errors.

1 Like

that is what i see on my page

Check your browser console for any errors. Have you added your Moralis server details into your .env file?