Invalid function: "getPluginSpecs" from Moralis.start on node.js

Using Moralis in node.jsā€¦

I have an async method that calls Moralis.start({serverUrl, appId}) but I see an exception/error as follows when it runs:

ParseError: Invalid function: "getPluginSpecs"
    at handleError (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/RESTController.js:423:17)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
    at async Function.initPlugins (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/MoralisWeb3.js:263:40)
    at async Function.start (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/Parse.js:137:7)
    at async initMoralis (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/index.js:49:5) {
  code: 141
}

moralis version: 0.0.184
node version: v14.18.2

2 Likes

probably is related to a problem that we are trying to fix now: https://status.moralis.io/

Same here. Production (!) Server is not starting. Does anyone have any info in regards to this issue/timelines? Support is silent in chat in ā€œmy accountā€ section and on discord. Iā€™m loosing money:(

1 Like

any ETA ? my app is not working because of this error.

3 Likes

Just wondering if someone could look into this. The problem is real for many users.

1 Like

UP - My server has been restarted through tech support.

Is the error resolved?

I restarted the server myself, but the same error still occurs.

Very disappointed, server down with no warning and email.

there was an unexpected problem yesterday

Pleased to say that Iā€™m no longer seeing that issue. Assume down to the service issues you mentioned.

Thanks @cryptokid.

I have the same error. It started hapenning today and I didnā€™t changed anything in my server nor my (react) app. I guess it is some kind of bug in Moralisā€™ side?

did you check you server? it is still working? can you try to update the server

Hey, thanks for your response.

The server is running and I updated it just before posting my first comment. The problem still persists.

what is the server url, what is a code example that would replicate that problem?

Server URL: https://hg3nh4uxqapt.usemoralis.com:2053/server

Relevant React code in App.js. Even when loading the main page the browser console shows the getPluginSpecs error:

import { MoralisProvider } from "react-moralis";

<MoralisProvider appId={MORALIS_ID} serverUrl={MORALIS_SERVER}>
</MoralisProvider>

Moralis isnā€™t really used in the main webpage, just initialized. When I actually use it, I do this:

import { useMoralis } from "react-moralis";

const { Moralis } = useMoralis();

const tokenIdOwners = await Moralis.Web3API.token.getTokenIdOwners(options);

are you sure here it has the right values for MORALIS_ID and MORALIS_SERVER?

I am. And it was working fine till today.

Can you post the error that you get?

I was about to post it, but I have just tested it and now its gone! If you did something, thanks a lot!