Invalid function: "getPluginSpecs" from Moralis.start on node.js

Using Moralis in node.js…

I have an async method that calls Moralis.start({serverUrl, appId}) but I see an exception/error as follows when it runs:

ParseError: Invalid function: "getPluginSpecs"
    at handleError (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/RESTController.js:423:17)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
    at async Function.initPlugins (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/MoralisWeb3.js:263:40)
    at async Function.start (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/node_modules/moralis/lib/node/Parse.js:137:7)
    at async initMoralis (/Users/igriggs1/Projects/cryptoadventure-external-adapter/index.js:49:5) {
  code: 141
}

moralis version: 0.0.184
node version: v14.18.2

2 Likes

probably is related to a problem that we are trying to fix now: https://status.moralis.io/

Same here. Production (!) Server is not starting. Does anyone have any info in regards to this issue/timelines? Support is silent in chat in “my account” section and on discord. I’m loosing money:(

1 Like

any ETA ? my app is not working because of this error.

3 Likes

Just wondering if someone could look into this. The problem is real for many users.

1 Like

UP - My server has been restarted through tech support.

Is the error resolved?

I restarted the server myself, but the same error still occurs.

Very disappointed, server down with no warning and email.

there was an unexpected problem yesterday

Pleased to say that I’m no longer seeing that issue. Assume down to the service issues you mentioned.

Thanks @cryptokid.

I have the same error. It started hapenning today and I didn’t changed anything in my server nor my (react) app. I guess it is some kind of bug in Moralis’ side?

did you check you server? it is still working? can you try to update the server

Hey, thanks for your response.

The server is running and I updated it just before posting my first comment. The problem still persists.

what is the server url, what is a code example that would replicate that problem?

Server URL: https://hg3nh4uxqapt.usemoralis.com:2053/server

Relevant React code in App.js. Even when loading the main page the browser console shows the getPluginSpecs error:

import { MoralisProvider } from "react-moralis";

<MoralisProvider appId={MORALIS_ID} serverUrl={MORALIS_SERVER}>
</MoralisProvider>

Moralis isn’t really used in the main webpage, just initialized. When I actually use it, I do this:

import { useMoralis } from "react-moralis";

const { Moralis } = useMoralis();

const tokenIdOwners = await Moralis.Web3API.token.getTokenIdOwners(options);

are you sure here it has the right values for MORALIS_ID and MORALIS_SERVER?

I am. And it was working fine till today.

Can you post the error that you get?

I was about to post it, but I have just tested it and now its gone! If you did something, thanks a lot!