Introduce yourself

Howdy, my name is Kizz been in infosec for 22 years and am looking to start a new project within the blockchain space.

Glad to have found the community!

1 Like

Hello fellow dAppā€™ers!

Iā€™m Bob. I live in America, #LeftCoast, #HotelCalifornia, #SiliconValley. But Iā€™m moving to Florida just before the 2021 California/Mad Max water wars start out here.

I just quit my 25-year career as a rocket scientist. Iā€™m running away to join ā€œrebel financeā€. My previous career aided in surveillance and targeting bombs in off-news locations. Now Iā€™m after building non-abusive financial infrastructure in those same places.

I learned to code in BASIC in 1978, Pascal in 1986, C/C++ in 1993, Matlab in 1994, Fortran in 1994, Fortran again in 2014, Matlab again in 2015, JavaScript in 2018, C/C++ again in 2018, Solidity in 2019, ReactJS in 2020, and mongoDB in 2021. Not counting all the dialects and weird little niche languages you pick up along the way in talking to industrial machines in binary. #ItsTheJourney. #NeverStopLearning #WhatYouKnowNowIsObsolete.

I post all the Thortspace ā€œbubble picturesā€ over on the Academy Forum so why not just go with it? #branding.

I bought my first bitcoin in 2013, and mostly ignored it until 2017 when I joined Ivanā€™s Academy. In 2021 I broke out to ETHOnline hack-a-thons and lead teams to build projects at MarketMake, NFTHack, and Scaling events. Iā€™m currently enrolled in HackMoney were Iā€™m building a localized Zapper/Zerion clone using Moralis.io. Iā€™m evolving up from class assignments, school projects, hack-a-thon projects, investor sponsorship, freelancing, towards a full time salaried job in dApp development.

Otherwise I married my competitive ballroom dance partner back in 1999, we raise an uber-cute 6-year-old daughter, I build aquaponic gardens, Iā€™ve played cello for 42 years, Iā€™m an artist, designer, gamer, yadda yadda, etc. etc.

And someday Iā€™d like to retire and get back to building giant robots. Because why not?

ā€œAll these billionaires and yet no Batman. I am disappointed.ā€

5 Likes

well isnt that awesome.
ive got a project for you that is too big for the Moralis Hackathon.
financial infrastructure worldwide with Team Training to see who can build the most DAO Credit Unions

@Cacao Iā€™m busy building a bankless bank at the moment. Iā€™ll get back to you once Iā€™m warmed up.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark Paul. Iā€™m from Sydney, Australia and am the founder of the Itheum Platform.

Itheum is a SaaS product that has been in the market for the last 3 years. It allows for organisations to build structured data collection programs (think of these as automated programs that can collect data from users based on specific rules/conditions). Itā€™s an open and free platform and has been used in the R&D health and wellness space. We have two key programs running on Itheum:

1. The Red Heart challenge - a program to help people with cardiovascular disease to better manage their health.

2. OKPulse - a program for employerā€™s to keep a proactive check on their remote employeesā€™ health and wellness.

Iā€™ve been interested in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology for close to 3 years now. Iā€™ve a full stack engineer by occupation and have been working on web3 tech now for around 6 months. (Iā€™ve been following Ivan on Techā€™s videos for many many years as well!)

I was super excited when Moralis came around as I could immediately see the use case for it.

We have used Moralis to build our ā€œItheum Data DEXā€ - which allows our many existing users of the core Itheum platform to package, advertise and sell their personal data on the blockchain. We have a fully working version of the DEX up and running. Our DEX also runs cross-chain and will support some cool new features like ā€œData NFTsā€ soon (working on that code now)

Very happy to be part of the Moralis community and will help as many people as I can to learn more about web3 and to connect it to real world use-cases.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I am a novice coder. My background is engineering and I make my living through marketing but I have been coding front-end since I was 14. I built my first site on geocities.

My goal with Moralis is to build alert tools for onchain events primarily for DEX traders, and building these things into web3 dapps. These tools/systems then being paired with a utility token and community. I already have some communities started, but want to take things to the next level.

Iā€™m currently learning to do this myself, but am also looking for someone to work with who is a more proficient developer so I can focus on the marketing/biz side.

Excited for the future of web3!

1 Like

Welcome everyone. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello Guys. My name is Pratik Saria and I am a pre-final Year Student doing B.Tech in Information Technology from Delhi, india. I am Natively from Kathmandu, Nepal. I am exploring moralis these days.

Nice to meet everyone of you and I want to says thanks to all of you before because i am going to ask a lot of questions in the future and i hope you guys will help me :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Guys, My name is Kevin - software developer working in the UK. Primarily working in .NET and React. Iā€™m currently working on some tooling to help people investigate BSC tokens, with the help of a Moralis node.

Nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m ross I live in NYC. good for a short time, not a long time. cs major in my 2 year. trying out this blockchain stuff because I have a few ideas in mind and I like to try them. I used to watch good morning crypto replay. was ā€œa lurker in the darkā€. but crypto is the future and letā€™s keep it decentralized.

Hello guys!!!
My name is Saiprakash and I am from India. I am a software developer. I am currently learning more about dapps. Right now I am planning to go full time crypto and contribute to this community.

Hello! Iā€™m Hansoolaii, you can call me hans. Iā€™m a BBA student, but recently Iā€™m learning some programming language relate to blockchain. Iā€™m happy to join and contribute in the community

Greetings. I am Deus. Deus Automon. I am a sponge. I exist on the fringes - where the blockchain meets HTML. I am an early crypto adopter, whose children are going thru college with the help of Satoshi and whose future inheritances are now made available courtesy of Doge. I am here - drawn originally by Ivan, seeing his videos on developing solidity, dApps and what seems like a never ending and ever expanding array of opportunities that are possible with blockchain tech. If only for more knowledge, understanding and effort - talent in coding - it seems the world in an oyster. I couldnt imagine a more exciting group of developers to ghost - and to learn from, the vibe I get when jumping into this community - the tutorials, the content (much of which im just learning about) is sureal.

I can only imagine the success at Moralis and the community you will foster moving forward will be awe inspiring. A dent first, and then a split in the armour of those who look to control the economies and the autonomy of free people all around the world. Like the Spartans (ala 300) the world will rememberā€¦ A small band of men - stood up against the horde. Count me interested and available to help the effort in any way i can. Even if it is only to sharpen the swords, and re-load the catapults.

Deus

Greetings David. A pleasure to read your intro. I am Dues, Looking forward to any opportunity to interact with you, to learn from you - and or to be of support in any way I can. Reach out whatever the occassion might be. Cheers. Deus

1 Like

Greetings Hansoolai.

hey Moralis community,

glad to be here. My name is Tim and Iā€™m located in Europe, currently living in Vienna. My working background is in digital transformation & digital technology, as I think most of us are here :wink: I am very engaged with the idea of web3 and the future possibilities that come with it - how to use it to solve the problems of the future, how to build autonomous organizations, how build a fair and transparent digital society/ies, and how to build new forms of businesses most cannot think of today.
When I code I mostly do Node.js or Python and some React.js frontend. In my private life I used to make a lot of art and music, I should do more again ā€¦ but I got lost in code and digital somehow :wink:
Iā€™d be also very happy to meet new people who are engaged in web3 and this whole movement as I know very few people who are into all this stuff (especially tech side). :slight_smile:

Cheers. Tim

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Thor,
Based on the west coast of Sweden
I am here because Moralis gives us that edge we need to develop POCs quickly and safelyā€¦
I believe that whoever creates the value should capture the value proportionate to the value created.
Because itā€™s fair, but also because itā€™s a good sustainable business.

Through NIM, starting with music and user-centric licensing, we will disintermediate and, with higher market transparency getting both ends of the value-chain supporting us.
The creators and the consumers.

This is why I (and Bjƶrn Ulvaeus :blush: among others) is a committed fan of user-centric licensing (see Newsroom)
The music industry is under-monetized. The whole music industry is something like $20B. Compare it to video games, a $140B market.
Music has probably much more fans and engagement than video games, so why is there a huge difference in market size ā€” if not for the business model.
Maybe it will be NFTā€™s?
I believe it will be NFT technology and will implement that in NIM services.
Community ownership and network alignment enable NIM to transfer royalties in the same way we distribute music ā€” instantly, to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The ownership economy sustains a world in where those who create the value also capture the value.

1 Like

Hello. My name is David. I come from a pretty diverse background with a variety of experience, but development has seemed to come in and out of my life ever since I taught myself BASIC at the age of 12. Right now, my goals include using Moralis to learn how to make NFT games. I may seem like a bit of a noob about certain things, and other things Iā€™ll have a good understanding of already. I look forward to getting to know everybody and hope to be able to make lots of progress here!

1 Like

Im monty, from o.k. usa. I gotta say i feel a bit out of place here amongst all this professional experience. Im just a regular guy, i worked with my hands mostly my whole life and i was a heavy equipment operator for a while. I never thought i would come as far as I have with software development, im in school for blockchain dev and i initially felt like i bit of more than I could chew (no prior coding experience) but im starting to get it now. I plan on going low level of course but as of now im pretty capable thanks to moralis. Im excited to get started and join the community. Technology is like magic to me and rediscovering it has brought back a joy to my life that i lost coming into adulthood. Looking forward to creating with everyone

2 Likes

My name is Mostain and I work as a software developer and run https://www.facebook.com/groups/929110710827356

I am passionate software engineer love to work with hardware and low level programming, currently i am developing my own cloud hosting management solution where any developer host their binaries and run their own server, everything easy to setup and fast deployment.

I live in dhaka, Bangladesh, I love to teach programming specially golang because i love this language too much, its simplicity, concurrency control, performance etc a lot of things made simple.

I love to join and work with diverse community people.

best wishes.
Mostain

2 Likes