Ethereum React Native Boilerplate Questions

My bad. Moved back to macOS recently. Things have really changed, it’s overwhelming

Anyway, is there a way to install metamask and trustwallet on an emulator?

1 Like

Placing the id and serverul in the .env does not work. manually adding it. to the provider works.

1 Like

@meankasa I’ll take a look at this issue with env variable. AFAIK, you cannot install apps from app store directly to iOS simulator. To be able to actually login the app, you can connect your phone to your machine to test.

Did you build the app again after placing the details in the .env file? The keys get injected during build and not on hot refresh so that might be the issue?. :thinking:

Yes, @malik I did so several times.

Hi,
I cloned the app and did as said in the video you mentioned before. it’s a clean build for latest code on github.
gut I get this error when I click on wallet in several android phones.
thumb_Screenshot_20220202-135200_Chrome

Please look into this issue.
Thanks.

@iPictorial which wallet are you using to authenticate?

@iPictorial
Make sure to install the wallet you are trying to authenticate with.

@meankasa Did you happen to solve it?

I installed the latest commit and it deploys to the point where I can see it in the localhost but it’s frozen and I get a long list of errors (see screenshots). Any idea where that is coming from? Much appreciate any help.!

@virtualgraphics can you try deleting node_modules and yarn.lock and run yarn install again?

Did that and then yarn start again and the same errors came up again. Maybe, I’ll just wait for more updates. I have so many issues during the last three weeks, almost all coming from .estlint before your guys added it and other compatibility issues, rolled back node,js and other installations.

1 Like

You can always delete the Eslint file and check if it’s compiling.

React native has a lot of things that come into play when setting up so providing more information will help us debug your issues better! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Heureka…that was it. I deleted the .eslint file and it compiles perfectly. Thank you very much, appreciate it. Probably not the last time you’ll hear from me, got several projects cooking. :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Hi, I have installed the app on my android device which has Metamask and Trust Wallet installed, but when I click on the login button, it opens the browser on the 404 wallet connect page. It doesn’t even ask me how to open the link, like with metamask, chrome etc…what should I check?

it doesn’t show dialog to select wallet, i just click on the button and opens browser without asking although i have multiple wallets installed.

The app doesn’t show a dialog to select any wallet, It opens browser and shows 404 without asking for anything and I have some wallets installed.

We are trying to replicate this.

I don’t know if that can help, but I have a Oppo A73 with Android 12. With Android 11 and the minimum target SDK 30 imposed by google, you need to declare inside the manifest under the <queries> tag the packages of the apps that you want to open.

This helps. Thank you!

I can confirm that this solved the problem:

3 Likes