W3 Spotify clone additional functionality

I am a professor at UCLA and would like my students to use Moralis. I have a question about your interesting music blockchain “Spotify” player. Is it possible using it to:

1 - track and trace audio files, so the file’s owner knows how many times their track has been played - and therefore gets compensated properly?

2 - which means that my second question is about compensation. Can your smart contract include micro-payment (or fiat payment) details?

Put differently, this is a question of whether your app is: (1) designed to sell [i.e., part with] the NFTs or (2) to stream the files only. [i.e., keep them and monitor their usage].

Thanks!
D.

David MacFadyen / UCLA

[/quote]
1 Like

I have heard about this protocol named superfluid that can execute this. Using it you can programmatically do micropayment subscriptions and transfers on the blockchain.
https://www.superfluid.finance/home

I never tried it but, you can give it a read.

I am not sure about how to do track and trace on the blockchain.

Thanks, I’ll look into Superfluid and see if it’s easily compatible with Moralis. As for track-and-trace, a lot of that functionality overlaps with, say, supply chains (food to market, pharmaceuticals to patient, etc.). The difference, of course, is that those chains track the passage of assets between people en route to a destination and not the use of one “immobile” or archived asset––over and over––by different people. My main experience is with Hyperledger, so thanks for answering my noobie question in a new setting.

1 Like

I looked into Superfluid, but they interpret “stream” idiosyncratically - as a regular stream of payments attached to a subscription service, say. They don’t seem connected to to the concept of “stream” as payment-per-read (for the Moralis clone) or payment-per-listen (for the Spotify clone). Is there a reliable functionality, perhaps within an existing Moralis project, that’s able to handle that? Sending funds to the creator of an asset as/when the asset is accessed?

There’s no Moralis project that incorporates something like that.

Sending funds to the creator of an asset as/when the asset is accessed?

Where would these funds come from exactly?

Either subscription or from a tool like this: https://webmonetization.org/

…which uses this https://coil.com/

Quick update here, for people who are interested in a simple way to monetize their Moralis pages.

Web Monetization
With a small code snippet, one joins a collective of developers and media consumers all paying $5 per month, and the funds are paid out to visitors/consumers, based on the time spent at a particular page. Micro-payments in real time (albeit only if the media tab/media page is open). If backgrounded, it doesn’t work. It is an easy way, nonetheless, to establish a fair distribution of funds if - let’s say - one has built a project on Moralis that needs to self-fund.

Some examples (I have no connection to any of these organizations. Most are free/open-source):

Payments Question
But on this score, I’d like to ask a slightly different question. Moralis, with its Spotify and Medium clones, assumes that the smart contracts will handle some type of incoming funds. Which tools have been used to dispatch those funds to the people mentioned in the contracts?

I cannot seem to find any decent stream-logger / stream/click-counter that would document how often or how much somebody in a contract should get. Does any tool or add–on (maybe even from another Moralis project) come to mind?

Thanks in advance
David

I believe these projects just handle it normally - the app sends a transaction request to the user’s wallet and the user approves it to send the money to the contract.

Then the user is allowed access to the app’s functionality (would beaccess set at a contract level). Depending on the contract, any funds either stay in the contract or are sent to the owner address.

It seems the missing piece, maybe is how the clicked/played audio (or clicked/read text in Medium) instigates a payment to the artist. It that can be done, then we have a monetary scheme in place. Perhaps I am complicating things too much and looking for a payment gateway when - in fact - the contract does that lifting for me?
I’ve been running around looking at all kinds of react payment options: PayPal, Puma, RazorPay, Apple Pay, etc.
CLICK --> PLAY —> INSTIGATED PAYMENT AT FIXED RATE TO RIGHTS HOLDER
That’s what I am looking for––and wondered if a Moralis project had at some time employed such functionality?
THANKS