"Upload metadata to IPFS" returns "Uncaught SyntaxError": "Unexpected identifier"

const jsonFile = new.Moralis.File(ā€œmetadata.jsonā€, {base64: btoa(JSON.stringify(metadata))}); : Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

Thanks Guys for bringing Moralis as a fast solution for the Blockchain Technology. I wish every developers knows about this as soon as possible.

I was following this tutorial on YouTube: ā€œMinting and Selling NFTs Without Paying Gas Fees! NFT Minter Programming Tutorialā€.
Iā€™m a beginner to progamming.I was writing the code along with him step by step. everything was working fine on my

localhost wamp server, window 10 Home 64-bit. but until when I get to the Time at 28:43s (I think There is where my problem started).
ā€œUncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifierā€ is the return from my browser. In my ā€œmain.jsā€ is at the point of ā€œUpload metadata to IPFSā€. line 48. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

that error sounds like a syntax error, I donā€™t know if is from metadata contents or from those " from metadata.json string (sometimes you have to use different type of " )

Thanks for the reply. But I have checked the syntax carefully. but i think its somewhere in the useageof btoa functionā€¦ (But in the tutorial the btoa was having a stripe after it was typed vscode). Here is my full main.js code

/** Connect to Moralis server */
const serverUrl = " ";
const appId = " ";
Moralis.start({ serverUrl, appId });
let user;
/** Add from here down */
async function login() {
  user =  Moralis.User.current();
  if (!user) {
   try {
      user = await Moralis.authenticate({ signingMessage: "Hello World!" })
      initApp()

} catch(error) {
     console.log(error)
   }
  }
  else{
      Moralis.enableWeb3(); 
      initApp()
  }
}

function initApp(){
  document.querySelector("#app").style.display ="block";
  document.querySelector('#submit_button').onclick = submit;
}

async function submit(){
  // Get Image Data
  const input = document.querySelector("#input_image");
  let data = input.files[0];

// Upload image IPFS
  const imageFile = new Moralis.File(data.name, data);
  await imageFile.saveIPFS();
  let imageHash = imageFile.hash();

//Upload image ro IPFS
 // cREATE metadata with image and data
 let metadata = {
  name: document.querySelector("#input_name").value,
  description:document.querySelector("#input_description").value,
  image:"/ipfs/" + imageHash

}
 // Upload metadata to IPFS
 const jsonFile = new.Moralis.File("metadata.json",{base64: btoa(JSON.stringfy(metadata)});
 await jsonFile.saveIPFS();
 let metadataHash = jsonFile.hash();
 console.log(metadataHash);

//Upload to Rarible (plugin)
 let res = await Moralis.Plugins.rarible.lazyMint({
    chain: 'rinkeby',
    userAddress: user.get("etherAddress"),
    tokenType: 'ERC721',
    tokenUri: '/ipfs/' + metadataHash,
    royaltiesAmount: 5, // 0.05% royalty. Optional
  })
  console.log(res);

}
login();

/** Useful Resources  */

// https://docs.moralis.io/moralis-server/users/crypto-login
// https://docs.moralis.io/moralis-server/getting-started/quick-start#user
// https://docs.moralis.io/moralis-server/users/crypto-login#metamask

/** Moralis Forum */

// https://forum.moralis.io/

I think that here it should be JSON.stringify instead of JSON.stringfy

Thanks. I was able to clear the misspelling. But the error persists.
The btoa function is what I also think could cause the syntax error. On the same line. As Iā€™ve said earlier the btoa error was a strike through word in the video tutorial. I attached the screenshot picture of the video tutorial to this reply

you can test btoa separately and with its corresponding parameters

you can also try to use this instead of btoa: const btoa = function(str){ return Buffer.from(str).toString('base64'); }

I applied it like this:

// Upload metadata to IPFS
 const btoa = function(str){ return Buffer.from(str).toString('base64'); }
 await jsonFile.saveIPFS();
 let metadataHash = jsonFile.hash();
 console.log(metadataHash);

Iā€™m sure I didnā€™t applied it in the right way for it didnā€™t work. But Iā€™m totally confused.

I think that you have to call that function somewhere, you can also give it a different name if you want. You can also add more logging with console.log

Thanks once again. I later copy all the code directly from github and use them directly on my work and it works. The copy paste donā€™t really help me because i still donā€™t know why it didnā€™t work in the first place. and its desame code.
I still ran into another error. But I will open another ā€˜questionā€™ on the new error.