[SOLVED] Smart-contract Solidity - Mint items on Rarible

Hi all, I have a question, I apologize right away if it seems silly, but I’m just trying to understand how it happens.
The bottom line is this. If we build a collection on Rarible we pay, as I understand it, to deploy our smart contract. After that, we mint the items. Let’s say I’m an artist and I make items 1 piece at a time.
So. I’m used to Solidity having a constructor where ipfs i.e. data source address is unchanged, only file names change, for example: ipfs//myCollection/{1}.json.
And when I access the contract again, I stamp the next item in order, e.g. 1.json, 2.json and so on.
If I add another json to my collection, for example I have 10 json files with ending sequential number 10.json, if I add 11.json the ipfs address changes.
Question, how is chasing organized in Rarible, if after creating a collection I can add new files to it, and it will be addressed to the exact smart contract I deployed when creating the collection. That is, what do the functions and methods look like for this kind of mint, where ipfs changes all the time?
Thank you very much and I apologize if I asked the question wrongly.

This questions seems to be more related to rarible. I don’t know those answers.

You can deploy your own contract and change the IPFS prefix from time to time when you upload new data, or have each token ID with its own unique IPFS url.

1 Like

And can you give a code example or name of functions where you can set each subject to a unique ipfs while using the same contract?

For that, if you are using openzeppelin NFT libraries for your contract code you can select ERC721Enumerable to inherit this feature.

From this, when you try to mint a token using safeMint function, you will be required to input a customized token metadata and have unique IPFS metadata for each token id

Hope this helps! Let me know if something is not too clear

1 Like

You made my day, thank you!

1 Like