[SOLVED] Server cannot authenticate MetaMask user

I encounter this error: 2022-02-21T12:06:26.502Z - Error: Signing message has expired.
at /moralis-server/lib/Adapters/Auth/moralisEth.js:48:13
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
at async Promise.all (index 0)

This message appears in the Dashboard Logs and happens when I try to authenticate a user with MetaMask.
I am on 1.3.2 version of Moralis.

Thanks in anticipation of the help!

Can you double check that you really have that version of Moralis sdk? It should work fine with a version newer than 0.0.100

My package.json includes β€œmoralis”: β€œ^1.3.2” as a dependency. Unless that is not what you meant. Furthermore, this setup was working yesterday and the week before it.

what do you get if you run this: Moralis.CoreManager.get("VERSION")?

I get this version: js1.3.2

and you authenticate in time? what is the server url?

MetaMask pops up and I press the button to authenticate. My server url : https://ke2da8ozegzq.usemoralis.com:2053/server

I am able to login on that server without problems, if you wait a minute to sign that message (after metamask pop ups), then it will not work

Login is working again. My browser had slowed down quite a bit and after fixing that I was able to login to Moralis and everything seems OK. Thank you so much for your help!

Hello @cryptokid,

I am facing this issue in Unity Web GL, the package that I am using is v1.0.7. Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.

you may need to use a newer version of the package

Hi @cryptokid,

With the newer package i am getting this error.

EntryPointNotFoundException: ConnectWeb3
Moralis.WebGL.Web3GL+d__14.MoveNext () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Moralis/Moralis.WebGL/Web3GL.cs:73)
β€” End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown β€”
System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask+ExceptionResultSource1[T].GetResult (System.Int16 token) (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.Factory.cs:235) Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask1+Awaiter[T].GetResult () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.cs:653)
MoralisWeb3ApiSdk.MoralisInterface+d__21.MoveNext () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/MoralisInterface.cs:250)
System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask+ExceptionResultSource1[T].GetResult (System.Int16 token) (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.Factory.cs:235) Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask1+Awaiter[T].GetResult () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.cs:653)
MainMenuScript+d__11.MoveNext () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Example/Scripts/MainMenuScript.cs:165)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask+ExceptionResultSource.GetResult (System.Int16 token) (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.Factory.cs:205)
Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.UniTask+Awaiter.GetResult () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Plugins/UniTask/Runtime/UniTask.cs:312)
MainMenuScript+d__10.MoveNext () (at Assets/MoralisWeb3ApiSdk/Example/Scripts/MainMenuScript.cs:148)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_0 (System.Object state) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext+WorkRequest.Invoke () (at :0)
UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks()

I don’t know what this error means. There is a forum thread specific to Unity: Ethereum Unity3D Boilerplate Questions

where you can ask more specific questions to Unity

1 Like

OK thanks, ill continue the discussion there.