Sniper bot failing - node speeds lag?

I have been seeing that it is MEV. But in my case I donā€™t think itā€™s a determining factor. Since by the looks of it the MEV is how they order the transactions in the block to resolve them.

They do this in order to make a profit, talk about trades with the price of ETH, buy cheaper and sell more expensive positioning the transaction behind (the one that buys). In my case, it is a buy and sell of one nft.

If I compare the trades, I use the same gas limit and the same gas price. For a miner, this is not something usable since both transactions should be the same. Neither buys or sells the token. So I donā€™t know if MEV is really something to value here.

Anyway thanks for the info, it never hurts to learn new things.

can you actually know if it was 5-6 milliseconds or 1 second between those 2 transactions?
the transaction length is the same in both cases?
what is the geographical location of your server that sends the transactions?

I look at the timestamp that appears in the transaction, I understand that this is the correct time at which the transaction appears, isnā€™t it?

What do you mean by the duration of the transaction? Both send the same information.

I donā€™t use a server, I use my personal computer at home. I live in Spain.

that timestamp is in seconds, and I think that it should be the timestamp of the block and not of the transaction

the speedy nodes are located in New York, if you would have a system closer to speedy nodes, maybe it would be faster to send the data if the problem would be of 5-6 milliseconds delay

How can I see the mark of the block? I made a mistake putting it yes, it is seconds not milliseconds.

Maybe if I hosted my bot on a Newyork server it would improve the speed?

Thank you very much for your time.

Every transaction also has a block number where is was included. And ~every 3 seconds a new block is mined on bsc. If your transaction is in a different block number than the transaction that succeeded, then you may have a delay in seconds.

I know what you mean, but there is little I can do about it, right? Thatā€™s why Iā€™m looking to improve the speed at which it is sent because as the nft appears on the blockchain I try to buy it. The faster the speed, the earlier I get the information and the earlier I send the transaction.

Iā€™m curious now if your transactions were in same block as the successful ones or in a separate block at seconds apart. If there is a problem of milliseconds then you could solve it with a closer server location, but if the delay is in seconds then it may be a different problem.
You could also log the time when you send the transaction to see how fast will make it to blockchain.

If the ones that fail are in another block, 2-3 blocks ahead. For a difference of 6-9 seconds, is there a way to solve this?

Now the question is when did you send that transaction that has that delay of 6-9 seconds. If you sent it too late or you sent it at time relative to the time when that successful transaction was mined.

1 Like

I usually send it 1-2 seconds after the transaction (the purchase) is confirmed. And then the return time, until mine is confirmed. In total it is usually between 5-8 seconds difference between the time the purchase is confirmed until my bid (transaction) is confirmed.
Maybe I should anticipate and look at the txpool? I was listening to the event that is created when the purchase transaction is confirmed.

Looking in txpool transactions could help you, but you may not find all the transactions there, you could do some tests.

I will continue to investigate how to improve my speed, but something has happened to the node, even if they tell me it hasnā€™t xD