Pro account, connection stalls on BSC speedy nodes

I created a new account and upgraded to pro yesterday - after testing with a free account. The new & pro account has a stalling problem, 80% of the time websocket doesn’t respond to ethers.js’s connection (first chain id probe) and it just stalls. I have to refresh the page 3-4 times to make it connect.

With the same code, by just changing the token, a free acount doesn’t have that problem 95% of the time. It stalls time to time, but not as much as the pro account.

Is there a problem with my new account, or am I doing something wrong?

PS. https connections & chrome are no joy, preflight requests are not cached so it’s much slower than websockets.

Assuming that this is about BSC nodes, when you did this test?
There is a difference in paid accounts and free accounts, but it is not something specific to your account.

last two days. I thought the problem was with speedy nodes, but as soon as I tried the old/free account’s token the problem went away.

why would the pro account stall/have connection problems this much?

(using ethers.js on BSC, wss mainnet, chrome on macos)

this isn’t intentional, we’ll have to investigate to see what is happening

thank you, I guess you already have my info?

speedynodes are really the fastest out there, but random connection stalls are killing me.

I think that I can find your info, if needed I’ll ask.
It looks like I was able to reproduce some stuck connection on websockets on free account

my problem is with the pro account, free one works fine.

Is there anything I can do to avoid stuck connections?

I wanted to say that I was able to replicate the problem, next step is to investigate why it happens.

2 Likes

it’s been working fine this week, but this bug is back again. more than half of the new wss connections stall/left unanswered.

bump, still seeing connection problems, and it’s getting worse. (free account working fine, pro account has connection problems.)