NFT indexing time

I am evaluating Moralis for an internal service that tracks NFT transfers by block. I am finding that while most blocks are indexed in seconds, some blocks do not get indexed in a reasonable time. Some blocks are still not indexed after an hour or more.

What is the expected block indexing latency for NFT transfers?

Let us know if you see some concrete example next time

We have 10-30 second index time

Block 14027028 is around 12 hours old and still not indexed as of 9:50AM CST:

$ curl “https://deep-index.moralis.io/api/v2/block/14027028/nft/transfers” --header “X-API-Key: xxxx”
{“total”:0,“page”:0,“page_size”:500,“cursor”:"",“result”:[],“index_complete”:false,“block_exists”:true}

how do you know that there were NFT transactions in that block?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m calling the API. Are you saying that “index_complete” will remain “false” for blocks that do not contain NFT transfers?

How would I determine the difference between a block that has not been indexed yet and one that will never be indexed in that case?

Could someone please confirm whether blocks which have no NFT transfers permanently have “index_complete”:false?

And if so, is there a way to determine whether a block has no NFTs vs. has not completed indexing?

Thank you.

I will get back when I have the answer

it looks like there were some problems with that specific block, now this is the output:

{
  "total": 0,
  "page": 0,
  "page_size": 500,
  "cursor": "",
  "result": [],
  "index_complete": true,
  "block_exists": true
}

meaning that it should be "index_complete": true when it was processed even if it doesn’t have any NFT transfers