Migrating YT Rarible Clone to ERC1155 and Polygon

Hey guys, so i was wondering if this would be hard to do? from my still noob PoV :slight_smile:

• Migrating it to Polygon should not be an issue, for what i’ve seen is just pointing the contract to Polygon Network, basically (i am missing something?)

• About using ERC-1155 instead of 721. Again, from what i understand, ERC721 is “contained” in 1155, i mean, has all the functions of 721. So the ones already programmed should also work on 1155. But it could not be as easy as to change @openzeppeling import and compile again. What i am missing here?

2 Likes

Hey @CasNWK what do you think here.
I would like the finer detail too

you just upload smart contracts to polygon instead of ETH

2 Likes

Yeah, thats for Polygon, but how about the ERC721->1155? can i just change the import? or do i havet to take into account anything else, like in the constructor, etc.

You need to know Solidty to change ERC721 to ERC1155, it’s different smart contract structure.
It’s no difficult to do, but you need to know what you are doing on the Solidity front :raised_hands:

2 Likes

ok, gotcha, i’ll take a look and see the differences on the structures and such

2 Likes

Hi,

@BitcoinPendium I like to cooperate since i am interesting in this too. :wink:
Did you made some progress, already?

Will dive into this today (@Cacao: I’ll let you know!) .

2 Likes

Hey! no, i mean, im still in the phase of studiying both contracts structure to see what changes. But for once the declaration changes, since in 1155 you have to actually assing an id to each Token, fungible or not that is gonna contain.

2 Likes

Good luck both! Hope you will build something great

I’m interested in the 1155 conversion as well and would be willing to throw in some assistance on the project

3 Likes

Hi @KKHackLabs,

Nice … any experience already with ERC-1155 ?

I am converting Rarible clone demo into an ERC1155 one, but some issues today with my account.

1 Like

Hey @CasNWK how about making a github so we can all work together?

1 Like

perhaps this will turn into a new educational video 8)

4 Likes

that would be REALLY OSOM.

2 Likes