Is there a Moralis transfer using v2 api?

Hi folks
This might be a basic question. Sorry, I am getting started in Moralis now. I looked at the questions in the forum and documentation. I could not get clarity, so posting here.
When I look at the latest Moralis docs, I don’t see option to transfer eth or token. I do see the option to transfer in v1 api.
My usecase is to transfer erc20 tokens and we are using web3auth for authentication. I assume that I can login using web3auth and then use transfer which in turn would use the token given by web3auth without exposing the private key.
Can my usecase be achieved using the moralis v2 api? My understanding was that the v1 api used a different approach.
Also, I want to know if we can do web3auth integration with react native?

Thanks
Sree

moralis v2 for now works only in backend and it doesn’t have transfer functionality

you can make a transfer using web3 or ethers libraries both in backend or frontend

@cryptokid Thanks for the super fast response, that helps.
If I have to use web3 or ethers, i need to use a rpc node provider which is what I wanted to avoid by coming to Moralis. Are there any other options? Can I use Moralis v1 and v2 in combination?

Is there a plan to add transfer with Moralis v2?

you can try to use moralis v1 and moralis v2

in backend there is no other option now without using a RPC node url, in front end you will use the connected wallet

Hey @sree,

we have no plan for adding this anytime in the future.

If you like to do transfer from the backend, you can either use biconomy which provides you gasless API to have your user transfer assets easily. Or you can also use regular web3js or ethersjs to execute the transfer in the backend.

hi @YosephKS if I want to do in frontend, do u suggest moralis v1 option or not use that?

Hey @sree,

I suggest use other libraries such as web3js, ethersjs, or wagmi which are still actively maintained and updated instead of v1 Moralis as v1 Moralis has been deprecated and no longer maintained. By default, it is not good software engineering practice to use deprecated software because when you find a bug or vulnerable security within it, you have no choice to drop the SDK and migrate to other solutions which could take a lot more time.

Of course if you like you can fork the v1 SDK and modify it to suits your need, but maintaining it is considerably will take huge amount of time.

Hope this helps~

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.