I hope I can ask some questions related to Web3 / NFT tech here in this chat I don’t want to spam wrong channel, because it is not so much about crypto currencies.
I’m working on one project related to mobile application with NFT/Web3 backend. And I just need to test some ideas/functions if they are even possible in current state of Web3 development.
I hope you can help me out with feedback or advice.
I start with a couple of questions:
- How realistic to have a mobile application with frontend with normal non-Web3 interface (user/password sign in (no wallet required, confirmation of transactions, etc.) but with web3 backend. So user’s actions should be translated into Web3 transactions and executed in the backend (including minting and re-minting, transfer, sell NFT, etc.)?
- When minting NFTs does the cost of minting depend on number of attributes/information/features for specific NFT? For example if I want to have a tier system for my NFT collection and each tier would have different attributes/perks will the cost of minting such NFTs differ?
- Is it possible to copy some public blockchain specialized on NFTs, e.g. Wax or Flow and change it into a private blockchain for my project, where I can mint my own NFT collections for my customers?
If any devs here who can provide feedback, I would really appreciate you!
This should be doable, but generally not safe for the users since they dont own the wallet.
No, there a price set by the creator, plus gas fees. You can build your own logic to increase the price for each tier for example. THat might be what you are looking for
You can fork ethereum and have your own private evm blockchain. Please keep in mind that it will required building tools to work on that network, such as running your own nodes, setting up bridges and so on.
Mobile application with frontend with normal non-Web3 interface with web3 backend is definitely achievable . This approach allows users to interact with blockchain technology without requiring them to manage wallets directly. You can use the traditional authentication system for user convenience while utilizing Web3 backend for executing transactions on the blockchain.
Regarding the cost of minting NFTs, on most blockchains, the cost of minting an NFT is influenced by the blockchain’s gas fees and the complexity of the smart contract that handles NFT creation. While the number of attributes or features in an NFT might play a role in determining the cost, the primary cost driver is usually the computational effort required for blockchain operations.
Converting a public blockchain specialized in NFTs, such as Wax or Flow, into a private blockchain for your project is technically possible, but it comes with some challenges.
Hey @Iulian! Thanks for your quick reply! Really appreciate it. Just some comments to your answers for clarity:
- For my usecase the target audience can be both BC/Web3 friendly and not. So, I’m exploring possibilities to have both login options available for my user.
- For my usecase I don’t plant to use NFTs for trading and speculative gains. I only need NFT as an object that can be always verified via blockchain. So a tier system should not be reflected on thier price, at least in first stages of the project But I guess the more details (bits) I include into an NFT the more expensive it is to mint it on a blockchain, right (higher fees)?
- So copying public blockchains is possible, but it’s about infrustructure to run it as a private one, right?
Thanks again for your feedback!
Hi @softwaredeveloper! Thanks a lot for your reply!
One more question on you reply to p.2. So, would you recommend to minimize information/features/perks on an NFT which is stored on-chain via minting? I mean would it be more effective to manage features and perks using centralized databases on server and just link them to NFT id on the backend of the application. As I understand this is more efficient, flexible and cheaper approach.
Thanks again for your kind support!
- Is AI generated images are allowed to be used for NFT collections in the US or EU? Especially if they are not used for speculative trading, but only as a representation of membership in specific entity (e.g. club, channel, etc.)
- Does anybody know about working NFT leasing/landing solution, which already operate on-chain and proved itself?
- Is it possible to verify authenticity of an NFT via QR code scanning? So QR code is generated by an application for specific NFT associated to this account and this QR code can be used for verification on-chain using Admin version of the application. Is it possible?
Thanks again for your feedback and knowledge!