How to reduce gas fees for deploying smart contract

Hi all,

In my marketplace, There is an option for creating collections of NFTs, for this, we are deploying the smart contract for creating the collection.

But the gas fees for the contract deployment are very high($500), then we check in rarible, in rarible gas fees for smart contract deployment is very low with compared to us ($50), how i can reduce the gas fees.

Also please explain about layer-2

Does anyone help me with this?.

Thank you

Are you sure you are looking at the same chain on rarible? If you are looking to deploy on (eth) mainnet 500usd sounds about right for contract deployment (itโ€™s pretty expensive these days) and if you reduce the gas it might not go through.

Also layer 2s are cheaper and faster chains built on layer 1 chains (like polygon is built on ethereum)

1 Like

@kone Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my last response.

Yes, Iโ€™m sure I was checked with the same chain (eth) mainnet, the result is, I got more gas fees in my application compared with rarible.

And also I tested with open-sea there are no gas fees for creating collections there, I donโ€™t know how it is possible.

Can you please explain about layer 2, shall I proceed with layer 2? for reducing gas fees.

Thank you.

You might be looking at lazy minting (not sure on which chain they offer it). And if I explain layer 2 chains breifly are just chains build on top of layer 1 chains (like ethereum) - so polygon (matic) is a layer 2 chain on ethereum for example. They are usually way faster and way cheaper, but are a bit less secure.

And where you want to build is your choice, but layer 2s are cheaper and faster, but some people might have difficulties getting used to them, but itโ€™s not much difference and you can have more users that can actually afford the gas fees. But again itโ€™s your choice

1 Like