How do I use the array slice method?

I need help!

Kindly bare with me as I am new to Solidity.

I am trying to use the slice array method to remove the first element in my array while also decreasing the array length.

I have a function that successful inserts elements into the array.

According to the Array slices documentation, “array slices are only implemented for calldata arrays”, I am not able to fully understand how to use this information in my code, but I keep getting the below error message every time I run the compiler.

The error message seems to be caused by the deleteUser() function:

Warning: This declaration shadows an existing declaration.

Find below my solidity function:

pragma solidity ^0.8.2;

address[] private userIndex;

function insertUser(address userAddress, string memory userEmail, uint userAge) public returns(uint index)
{
    userStructs[userAddress].userEmail = userEmail;
    userStructs[userAddress].userAge   = userAge;
    userIndex.push(userAddress);
    userStructs[userAddress].index     = userIndex.length -1;

return userIndex.length-1;
}

function getUser(address userAddress) public view returns(string memory userEmail, uint userAge, uint index)
{
    return( userStructs[userAddress].userEmail, userStructs[userAddress].userAge, userStructs[userAddress].index);
}

function deleteUser(address userAddress, address[] calldata userIndex) public returns (uint256 length)
{
     userIndex[1:];

return userIndex.length;
}

In Remix, running the getUser("0xAb8483F64d9C6d1EcF9b849Ae677dD3315835cb2") yeilds:

0:string: userEmail [email protected]
1:uint256: userAge 35
2:uint256: index 2

Kindly help me understand how I can use the array slice to delete the first element in my array in my deleteUser() function

I guess slice in solidity does not affect the original array. To delete something from the array you need to manually move each element or move the last element to the deleted element and pop the last element.

Refer:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71268574/how-to-delete-item-of-array-in-solidity