Getting the image url of a NFT collection

Hi,

I’m wondering how to get the image url of a NFT collection using Moralis API. I don’t mean the specific token image urls, but the generic image representing the entire collection.

Thanks

If you mean like the base image from which others are generated with different attributes, you cannot

I meant more like the logo of a collection

You can’t, the only collection-wise metadata you can get is from this endpoint
And the return format is

{
  "token_address": "",
  "name": "",
  "symbol": "",
  "contract_type": "ERC721",
  "synced_at": ""
}
1 Like

NFT collections don’t have logos or generic images by default (in the token standard).

You can use the image of any NFT in that collection to represent it instead.

Well if you visit any site like icy.tools, you can see that they do have logos indeed. For instance, Bored Ape Yacht Club’s logo is an ape skull with letters instead of a random ape from the collection.

I thought about using a random nft in a collection to represent it, but all the other websites are using logos instead.

Well if you visit any site like icy.tools, you can see that they do have logos indeed.

Marketplaces like OpenSea may have logos which is implemented only on their side e.g. where the collection creator likely added it. This data is typically not on-chain. This is also where icy.tools have pulled that image from.

Their page and the link to the logo (OpenSea CDN).

If the collection is on a marketplace, you can query that marketplace (contract or API) for a “logo”. E.g. with OpenSea API - use slug of boredapeyachtclub and look in the results for image_url.

1 Like