File Upload by public is disabled

I did the YouTube Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRjFn__kVJM for IPFS Uploader.

This is my error. I’ve looked at the other troubleshooting queries similar but solutions remains opaque.

What my console log reports:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: File upload by public is disabled. at handleError (moralis.js:26097:17)

_construct @ moralis.js:30531
Wrapper @ moralis.js:30881
(anonymous) @ moralis.js:12452
ParseError @ moralis.js:12503
handleError @ moralis.js:26097
await in handleError (async)
onclick @ ipfs.html:14

Thank you.

I think that you should authenticate first

Great - what do you mean by authenticate…login?
If so, the login button doesn’t login to anything, as the tutorial never demonstrates the need to use this function.

Thank you kind raccoon.

yes, to authenticate, upload requires for user to be authenticated

This function does nothing when I click on it, nor does the console.log return any prompt.

You need MetaMask installed. You can also add console log in that function to see if it is really called. You can also use Moralis.authenticate

Hey your syntax is old, as @cryptokid says use Moralis.authenticate

Moralis.Web3 are all outdated.

Also since you’re uploading file to IPFS, you can use uploadFolder Web3 API if you don’t wanna authenticate :raised_hands:

Is there anyway around this? My minting is all happening on the backend, so there’s no front end auth happening.

to clarify, there’s no front end web3/wallet auth happening.

you can do it without moralis ? you can use nft.storage, piñata , ipfs gateway e.t.c

yes i know, but all my other code/pages/routes are using moralis ipfs functions, so having totally different functional bases for IPFS I don’t like. web3 storage, pinata also use API keys which means I’d prefer to use them on the backend which is again totally different than Moralis. At that point I may as well refactor all my code to use web3 storage et al and completely stop using Morlais IPFS.

the problem that you have now is that you can not upload to IPFS with a user that is not authenticated?

in that case you can use a dummy user to authenticate

right, that’s the problem. I thought of some sort of proxy user, but now that you said that way, I think I get it. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!