Ethereum Unity3D Boilerplate Questions

I know sorry that was the wrong screenshot!
I have tried it with metamask when I use metamask, and trust wallet when I used trust wallet .
(Although for authentification that dropdown doesn’t seem to change anything :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Hero909 and @0xprof the transfer of a NFT is a contract call - see the AwardableController.cs in the boilerplate for an example.

@will1 and @0xprof As 0xprof said use web3Api to load the NFT information and then use the image URL in the response to load the image data.

To render the data you need to load it into a Texture2D. Unity does not support loading GIFs programmatically so if the image is a GIF use the GifDecoder library I included with the boilerplate.

1 Like

I will be posting a pre-release package with this later today.

Is there any news about Metamask Interface for WebGL?

1 Like

Thanks a lot @dgoodrich for the details, I will dig into all of this for sure ! Thanks again !

Do you have any idea why the ERC20 transfer fails on metamask, trust wallet and imtoken ? it says “internal JSON-RPC error”

1 Like

thanks for sharing … This questions is probably dumb but here goes anyways … when you mean GIF do you mean all image formats or just “GIF” … is it able to load pngs or jpegs automatically ? and thanks again !

1 Like

@Hero909 and 0xprof,

The ABI is in the format (the string returned by this not the whole statement):

return "[{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"nftContractAddress\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"constructor\"},{\"anonymous\":false,\"inputs\":[{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"account\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"operator\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"bool\",\"name\":\"approved\",\"type\":\"bool\"}],\"name\":\"ApprovalForAll\",\"type\":\"event\"},{\"anonymous\":false,\"inputs\":[{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"previousOwner\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"newOwner\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"name\":\"OwnershipTransferred\",\"type\":\"event\"},{\"anonymous\":false,\"inputs\":[{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"operator\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"from\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"to\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"ids\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"},{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"values\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"}],\"name\":\"TransferBatch\",\"type\":\"event\"},{\"anonymous\":false,\"inputs\":[{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"operator\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"from\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"to\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"value\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"name\":\"TransferSingle\",\"type\":\"event\"},{\"anonymous\":false,\"inputs\":[{\"indexed\":false,\"internalType\":\"string\",\"name\":\"value\",\"type\":\"string\"},{\"indexed\":true,\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"name\":\"URI\",\"type\":\"event\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"account\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"name\":\"balanceOf\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address[]\",\"name\":\"accounts\",\"type\":\"address[]\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"ids\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"}],\"name\":\"balanceOfBatch\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"name\":\"claimReward\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"account\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"operator\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"name\":\"isApprovedForAll\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"bool\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bool\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"amount\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"string\",\"name\":\"url\",\"type\":\"string\"},{\"internalType\":\"bytes\",\"name\":\"data\",\"type\":\"bytes\"}],\"name\":\"mint\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"},{\"internalType\":\"bytes\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bytes\"}],\"name\":\"onERC1155BatchReceived\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"bytes4\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bytes4\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"bytes\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bytes\"}],\"name\":\"onERC1155Received\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"bytes4\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bytes4\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[],\"name\":\"owner\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[],\"name\":\"renounceOwnership\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"from\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"to\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"ids\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256[]\",\"name\":\"amounts\",\"type\":\"uint256[]\"},{\"internalType\":\"bytes\",\"name\":\"data\",\"type\":\"bytes\"}],\"name\":\"safeBatchTransferFrom\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"from\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"to\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"id\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"amount\",\"type\":\"uint256\"},{\"internalType\":\"bytes\",\"name\":\"data\",\"type\":\"bytes\"}],\"name\":\"safeTransferFrom\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"operator\",\"type\":\"address\"},{\"internalType\":\"bool\",\"name\":\"approved\",\"type\":\"bool\"}],\"name\":\"setApprovalForAll\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"bytes4\",\"name\":\"interfaceId\",\"type\":\"bytes4\"}],\"name\":\"supportsInterface\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"bool\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"bool\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"newOwner\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"name\":\"transferOwnership\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"address\",\"name\":\"contractAddress\",\"type\":\"address\"}],\"name\":\"updateTargetContract\",\"outputs\":[],\"stateMutability\":\"nonpayable\",\"type\":\"function\"},{\"inputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"uint256\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"uint256\"}],\"name\":\"uri\",\"outputs\":[{\"internalType\":\"string\",\"name\":\"\",\"type\":\"string\"}],\"stateMutability\":\"view\",\"type\":\"function\"}]";

Hero909 do you mind posting the contents of the ABI?

and tokenAddress is the address of the NFT’s contract correct?

I will be posting a pre-release package with this later today.

Looks like our responses crossed :slight_smile:

tokenAddresss is the address of the ERC20. My first problem is sending an amount of tokens between two users using the “transfer” function
The ABI is here:

[
	{
		"inputs": [],
		"stateMutability": "nonpayable",
		"type": "constructor"
	},
	{
		"anonymous": false,
		"inputs": [
			{
				"indexed": true,
				"internalType": "address",
				"name": "tokenOwner",
				"type": "address"
			},
			{
				"name": "spender",
			},
			{
				"indexed": false,
				"internalType": "uint256",
				"name": "tokens",
				"type": "uint256"
			}
		],
		"name": "Approval",
		"type": "event"
	},
	{
		"anonymous": false,
			{
				"name": "from",
			},
			{
				"name": "to",
			},
			{
				"indexed": false,
				"name": "tokens",
			}
		],
		"name": "Transfer",
		"type": "event"
	},
	{
			{
				"name": "owner",
			},
			{
				"name": "delegate",
			}
		],
		"name": "allowance",
		"outputs": [
			{
				"name": "",
			}
		],
		"stateMutability": "view",
		"type": "function"
	},
	{
			{
				"name": "delegate",
			},
			{
				"name": "numTokens",
			}
		],
		"name": "approve",
			{
				"internalType": "bool",
				"type": "bool"
			}
		],
	},
	{
			{
				"name": "tokenOwner",
			}
		],
		"name": "balanceOf",
			{
			}
		],
	},
	{
		"name": "decimals",
			{
				"internalType": "uint8",
				"type": "uint8"
			}
		],
	},
	{
		"name": "name",
			{
				"internalType": "string",
				"type": "string"
			}
		],
	},
	{
		"name": "symbol",
			{
				"internalType": "string",
				"type": "string"
			}
		],
	},
	{
		"name": "totalSupply",
			{
			}
		],
	},
	{
			{
				"name": "receiver",
			},
			{
			}
		],
		"name": "transfer",
			{
			}
		],
	},
	{
			{
				"name": "owner",
			},
			{
				"name": "buyer",
			},
			{
			}
		],
		"name": "transferFrom",
			{
			}
		],
	}
]
1 Like

Not a dumb question i was talking about GIFs. It (non-support of GIFs) is annoying but the blame and whys are part of the annuals of Web-History (basically a stupid patent thing back in the late eighties / early nineties). PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIFF images can be programmatically loaded into Texture2D with no problems.

SVG is another format that requires a special library, still looking for one that is not buggy.

1 Like

Okay I misunderstood. I will need to try it but I would think the example contract method call I included in the AwaradableController.cs should work.

If it does not work for you (maybe you already tried and I just missed it above?) let me know and once I get the WebGL/Metamask release posted I will test this scenario out and post back.

I will look into using the decoder libraries when gif’s come into play … thanks for the info my friend !

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Thanks alot @dgoodrich :raised_hands:
well the code that you use should work but i will runs a test later today, and hope your smart contract is deployed on the mumbai chain, instead of passing the abi in code, you can make it public and pass it in the inspector
i will get back to you when i am done with the tests

@Hero909 the code i sent seem to work,
(https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/tx/0xa376606e715c005f779b16356ac68d848df2ae5a332ba372d6d2cddc3abf0f3e) this is the transaction (i sent my custom erc20 token to someone), make sure when using metamask as default, you are scanning the qr code on the network you are sending the transaction on

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help guys !
@0xprof which code are you referring to ?

Were your custom erc20 token from the contract I shared ?

I tripled checked and I am using mumbai on metamask and metamask is set as default in unity ( on mumbai too)

I can’t sea what is wrong :frowning:

Thanks again !

@0xprof I figured it out !
I don’t know why but it works only when I increase the gas fees for the transactions quiet a lot.
Any Idea how I can lower that limit ? is it when deploying the smart contract ?

Thanks very much guys !

oh, i forgot
since it was a demo, i have to manually place the gas and i didnt mention it here (it wouldnt fail, but will show me a popup about gas been too low) i thought it would be the same.
you can set custom gas, it is in the readme of the boilerplate (https://github.com/ethereum-boilerplate/ethereum-unity-boilerplate#web3), although if i have time i will put it in my own example.
always take a look at the readme to help you understand , you can read it and see where gas is been passed