Ethereum Unity3D Boilerplate Questions

Not yet, but this sounds like a great demo possibility. I will talk to David Pradell our new Unity Content developer.

Unity has some built in multi-player functionality but it is mainly for games for small groups.

I have heard good things about Photon, though it is a paid service.

1 Like

to add to what @dgoodrich said, there some multiplayer game tutorials and using that with the moralis unity sdk is quite simple

2 Likes

Thankyou for your response!

1 Like

Sure I’ll check them out.
Thankyou

1 Like

I was going through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjqDSH29ZKk&t=996s here, if we want to add multiplayer, like for example people can join the metaverse. We have to configure this same as we do for multiplayer games right?

1 Like

hey, not really, the thing with multiplayer is that, you dont need much code or customization work
well depends on which multiplayer sdk you are using, i have only used photon and it is good for beginners, all multiplayer sdk do it help you to connect others together and relay messages across the servers , so a single player game can be a multiplayer game, you dont need to add any special configuration or customization, depending on what kind of multiplayer game you are working on, and you will need to find a multiplayer sdk that fit what you are looking for a build of it and also check their docs. so that project in the demo can be like that and all you have to do is that any player that join the lobby will have a character like that and the movement and the address on their head e.t.c

2 Likes

Oh okay! thank you for your knowledge, really appreciate that! :cowboy_hat_face:

Amazing ! the error disappeared !! thanks for the help !!

Unfortunately for some reason, the address is not showing on top of the player and the wallet is empty and doesn’t show any token. Am I missing something ?

1 Like

arf false alert… still the same error !!! :frowning:

Take a look at the Unity console log to see if there are any issues.
Also looks like some possible texture issues, did you make a 3D project or a URP?

Still see the failed to retrieve server time.

Please check the server log for errors

Try with this server URL: https://arw2wxg84h6b.moralishost.com:2053/server
and this application ID: tNJatzsHirx4V2VAep6sc923OYGxvkpBeJttR7Ks

Thanks for your support.
I use URP indeed.

server log has no error.

it works perfectly on this server

Okay good. That means there is something weird going on with your Moralis Server. It is 0.0.345 correct?
Have you created any custom tables or any data yet?

it says 0.0.346.

I have created nothing custom yet ! just trying to run the demo as shown in your YT video

Also, this seem to work well but my tokens don’t show when I open the wallet (I should see my mumbai faucet matics no ?)

1 Like

Okay, highlight and completely delete the server url and application id in your project.
Then on your server, click on the “Details” button and copy the Server Url and ApplicationId and paste these into your project.

1 Like

my server now works ! well done !

1 Like

I need to check but I think the WalletTokenController is using eth mainnet as the chain Id.