Ethereum unity boilerplate

Hi david, just wanted to update that i’d got the demo scene working, had to reinstall all package after installing the .json package, and added my moralis test server to the main menu script. So happy its finally working hahaha, hope this helps other noobs lurking.

1 Like

Hi David
We need to hire coder to help us with integration of metamask and blokchain in to our unity projects , we have 3 games coming and we are in California , do you have any recommendations we could hire a team to cooperate .
Marius

1 Like

Oh cool! I was just going to add some suggestions, glad to see it is working for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

David

1 Like

Marius,

I can ask around. Please share more information about the positions, requirements, compensation, etc.

Regards,

David

Is there a max size for the Unity games or can I make a whole 3d game with decent graphics?

1 Like

Game size is whatever is allowed by Unity3D. Many professional level games have been created in Unity3D with very detailed graphics, so yes, you can make a very decent games with Unity3D.

For Moralis you may run into some limitations if you are on the free teir. For a full game that you release for sale, you will need to sign up for the Professional level plan.

YouTube and the Unity3D website have many examples for game creation.

Regards,

David

I already knew that sorry I phrased my question wrong what I meant was is there a limit for like WebGL let’s say or however else we host projects through moralis. I know Unreal Engine offers to export your game as a HTML5 folder which you can then connect to Moralis from the index.html file. However for Unity when I am using WebGL does it have a limit like can I have a full-on industry level game. I also am aware of the need to upgrade my Moralis account and will get the production soon!

regards Jad

1 Like

Hello Jad,

I apologize if I misunderstood. Are you asking if there is a size limit on Moralis for hosting a web-based game or are you asking about size limits for WebGL applications?

If the first, i will need to ask.

If the second, I would need to look in the Unity3D documentation. I do know that when I have created a game that has large amount of assets (textures, NPCs, etc.) The game can take a long time to load. Please see this article about some limitation with WebGL (these are due to the nature of WebGL itself and not Unity3D). For graphics intensive games personal preference would be to publish natively instead of via WebGL.

Either way, I know there have been many professional level games created using Unity3D and using Moralis should not add any throughput issues beyond what you would see hosting data on AWS, Google or Azure.

Hope this helps. please let me know.

Regards,

David

1 Like

hmm so you are saying using WebGL is not necessary for hosting a web-based game with Moralis? The issue is I checked WebGL and there is a 500 mb limit and obviously high graphics games exceed that. And when you say publish natively what do you mean by that is there a video or article I can use to guide me. And thanks a lot for your time and help!

Regards,

Jad

1 Like

hey sorry to bother you but I can’t seem to find what you mean by publishing natively if you have any article or video I can reference that would be great!

Regards,

Jad

1 Like

@jadelaawar, it is not a bother :slight_smile: By natively I meant Desktop, Android, iOS, etc.

ahh alright, thanks mate and I guess I’ll integrate NFT’s and login natively then.

1 Like

I hope to have the integration for this checked in later this week (working with NEthereum and changing chain state I mean)

2 Likes

Never mind figured it out looking forward to seeing what happens with NEthereum and also the video you are uploading!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your work
and for future unity package too btw.
Actually my question - is there anyway to use mobile friendly log in via some cryptowallets as Metamask or Trust wallet?
For now its working qith QR code pop up on the screen, but how i can use it if i want to create only mobile game?

1 Like

Yes there is. If you are using release 1.0.2 then if you set your build type to Android (or iOS) and install it on your mobile device (iOS does require a build step using XCode) and run it you should be directed to a screen to use a wallet on device or web.

If you are using the development branch (features/walletconnect_integration) authentication should take you straight to your device wallet. Be advised this branch is a development branch.

If your build is WebGL then currently your only choice is the QR code. There is a solution I am experimenting with that will enable WebGL to work directly with MetaMask but it involves replacing Wallet Connect in WebGL so this is at least a month away.

Let me know if this helps or if more information is needed.

Regards,

David

1 Like

Thank you for fastest response on the Earth, will start experimenting with mobile build then, really looking forward if you win the battle of Webgl<->Wallet connection as it is made in Web3 injected React apps. I tried to do this with WalletConnect git SDK but it connects only on localhost, when you deploy this to readct dapp it crashes when pressing connect button:
https://github.com/ChainSafe/web3.unity
Hope it can somehow help you find solution! Community on your side, all are sitting right near the new YouTube tutorial from master :sunny:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that. Similar to what I have been working with so I need to take a closer look!

1 Like

@Kamille, @jadelaawar, @SpacyLion, @Tuxzdev, @marius, @m33lucky,

Release 1.0.3 has been released. This included Nethereum integration and a bunch of other updates. Please re-read the README file, especially the part about importing and running the demo.

Regards,

David

3 Likes

Hey! Nice very excited to check it out!

1 Like