Ethereum Boilerplate Questions

Thanks. I am trying to understand web3 authentication using the below link -

So, in v1 we got a connection to a Moralis server with a DB where the users that logged in where stored.
What is happening with that in v2? There is not a server involved anymore, so if we want to store user data I guess we have to get the response from the authAPI and store it in our own database, right?

we have to get the response from the authAPI and store it in our own database, right?

Yes you will need to set up your own backend and database with v2.

If you want to keep using Moralis servers, you can also self-host.

Hi,
can anyone please help me i uploaded [Ethereum Boilerplate] in heroku it is now live but unfourtunatly i am unable to connect my metamask wallet with
whenever i try to connect my wallet it popup’s an error

please anyone who can help it’s urgent

Does it work locally? Have you set up your environment variables correctly in Heroku? Check your browser console for any errors.

yes it is working locally…i tried in every browser but don’t know what’s the problem

Did you set your environmental variable properly on heroku as he mentioned ??

yes i did

According to the structure of the v2 boilerplate, these are not the proper environmental variable provided you didn’t change the structure to work with that of v1. You can find the proper example of the values for the env here

You can find an example running here : https://eth-boilerplate-v2.herokuapp.com which is a clone of the boilerplate with the such variables

1 Like

It worked
Thank you so much brother :innocent:

I am hosting my own server but app is not starting

I checked my directory there is no jsconfig.json…

This is the boilerplate you are using? If so, there is a jsconfig.json file by default. How did you add the tsconfig.json file?

yes the boilerplate. it added tsconfig on its own as described in the yellow text in the first screenshot

it seems like after I migrated to my own server I got a bunch of files with typescript (ts) extension, as you can see from the image that do not exist in the original repo

You need to separate out your project folders - one for your React app (non-TS by default) and one for your Parse server (TS). There’s some conflicts happening now.

they are in separate folders. everytime I write “yarn start” I get a .ts file appear in my src for the marketplace

Not sure why that is happening. But your screenshot above showed the Parse server files e.g. parseServer.ts or rateLimit.ts with other frontend type files like style.css all in the same src folder.

May be easier to start over with the Parse server and marketplace boilerplate until they both work by default normally and then copy over your changes/new files to the right places.

1 Like

ok I redid everything from scratch working now! I think the folders were mixed at some point … thanks!

How do I choose which account I want to authenticate (on the top right button) if my metamask has multiple accounts?