Ethereum Boilerplate Questions

you could try to downgrade to node 16

What would be the recommended method to do this?

SImply reinstall V16?

I donā€™t know a recommended method

I have managed to get something else coming up on the web pageā€¦

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you provided appId and serverUrl in your .env file? Have you changed something in the code?

Hi there,

Yes I have done the app id and serverURL.

I have not made any code changes. I have followed the written instructions on github as well as followed the youtube tutorial. I am just not getting the page to load like it did n the tutorial.

I donā€™t know if there is something missing from my VSC setup or an extension ā€¦ Im lostā€¦

I appreciate the help. Im sure it will get sorted, I just need some help.

share your github repo :raised_hands:

I get this in my terminal when I run ā€œnpm startā€ and my localhost link shows this ā€œTypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜getNativeBalanceā€™)ā€ can anybody tell me whatā€™s wrong

Compiled with warnings.

src\App.jsx
Line 6:8: ā€˜TokenPriceā€™ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 12:24: ā€˜Skeletonā€™ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 16:8: ā€˜QuickStartā€™ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 18:8: ā€˜Textā€™ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 21:17: ā€˜Footerā€™ is assigned a value but never used no-unused-vars

src\hooks\useInchDex.js
Line 11:6: React Hook useEffect has a missing dependency: ā€˜Moralisā€™. Either include it or remove the dependency array
react-hooks/exhaustive-deps

Search for the keywords to learn more about each warning.
To ignore, add // eslint-disable-next-line to the line before.

Hi,

There are many tokens on the BSC network but only a selection from the binance network dropdown. What needs to happen for a token to appear in this list? Could i add any BSC based token address to the list - for example this one - https://bscscan.com/token/0x2180F5cC1ddf117640963AE91868948bd3EF6838

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the help so far.

I have gotten the page to load so now I would like to make changes to the UI and explore colors, sizes etcā€¦

Whilst I am across how I can make changes using dev tools in chrome, these are temporary changes and I would like to make them more permanent to introduce my own style. Can someone advise me the best place within the boilerplate code to attempt this?

Also, I would like to be able to add a token address / search function to the Dex page so its not a matter of scrolling to find the token but people can input abbreviations or token addresses to be able to load their token of choice.

Can someone give me a push in the right direction please.

FlyBoy

When deployed, the Fiat onramper does not work. Do I have to put the API key as an environment variable or is it handled directly by Moralis?

Any idea what is this error "NoMoralisContextProviderError: Make sure to only call useMoralis within a " ?

Hey everyone!

First off, itā€™s been a ton of fun lurking in here and seeing how supportive and tight this community is.

Iā€™ve got a NOOB question that I know you all can answer.

Where is the easiest place to host the boilerplate itself? I noticed that Moralis hosts their SDK on unpkg, but was at a loss as to how to proceed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Got this error:

useMoralisDapp must be used within a MoralisDappProvider

Still trying to get the cryptopunks showing up in the marketplace.

Hope someone can help.

Hi @MOUAD

These are just warnings, you can ignore them. And these errors messages were fixed on the latest versions, so please update :raised_hands:

Hey @bogdabart

Please check if you specified your server details in the .env file. Also MoralisDappProvider was removed long time ago, now all the boilerplate hooks are inside the react-moralis. So please make an update of the boilerplate :raised_hands:

I think you have not added your server details to the .env file

You need to provide it only when you are adding the plugin

Is this also updated in the final code?

It was removed from the standard` ethereum-boilerplate. It may be used in others boilerplates built on top of it.