Ethereum Boilerplate Questions

Hey @somaganesh

It only supports truffle for now. We selected truffle because you don’t want to run every time a new blockchain when you have connected it to the Moralis db already

Feels like progress.

I have input yarn start

It has opened a blank page in Chrome but the page is this:

Is this something to do with my server?

Thank you for your help so far. The learning curve is steep.

FlyBoy

1 Like

Great :+1:

Check you network tab and console to get deep into debugging! Sorry but I can’t say what’s the actual problem by just looking into that screen :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

FYI: If not done, you need to add your server_url and application_id in .env file.

Check this Quick start!

I have noticed that my command prompts have % whereas the person sitting next to me as well as the tutorials on you tube have $.

Is there any reason this may be the case for me?

I did put my server_url and application_id in.

Nope, that is not the reason.
That sign is based on which terminal shell you use.
For zsh % and bash $

Thank you.

Im sure I will get there, just seems to be a few messy hurdles.

I have read some people completely wipe VSC and reinstall. I am thinking of doing that, do you think a clean slate would be a possible way to get it going?

Or debugging the way to go?

You are still in the beginning stage for this one, so you can fresh start if you like, before wasting alot of time in debugging.
Good luck :muscle:

Hi there,

I am working through the github process and am at the yarn start but get this…

Can someone please help me get past this so the page loads… At the moment it is saying it cannot connect to local host.

Many thanks.

FlyBoy

you could try to downgrade to node 16

What would be the recommended method to do this?

SImply reinstall V16?

I don’t know a recommended method

I have managed to get something else coming up on the web page…

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you provided appId and serverUrl in your .env file? Have you changed something in the code?

Hi there,

Yes I have done the app id and serverURL.

I have not made any code changes. I have followed the written instructions on github as well as followed the youtube tutorial. I am just not getting the page to load like it did n the tutorial.

I don’t know if there is something missing from my VSC setup or an extension … Im lost…

I appreciate the help. Im sure it will get sorted, I just need some help.

share your github repo :raised_hands:

I get this in my terminal when I run “npm start” and my localhost link shows this “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘getNativeBalance’)” can anybody tell me what’s wrong

Compiled with warnings.

src\App.jsx
Line 6:8: ‘TokenPrice’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 12:24: ‘Skeleton’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 16:8: ‘QuickStart’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 18:8: ‘Text’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
Line 21:17: ‘Footer’ is assigned a value but never used no-unused-vars

src\hooks\useInchDex.js
Line 11:6: React Hook useEffect has a missing dependency: ‘Moralis’. Either include it or remove the dependency array
react-hooks/exhaustive-deps

Search for the keywords to learn more about each warning.
To ignore, add // eslint-disable-next-line to the line before.

Hi,

There are many tokens on the BSC network but only a selection from the binance network dropdown. What needs to happen for a token to appear in this list? Could i add any BSC based token address to the list - for example this one - https://bscscan.com/token/0x2180F5cC1ddf117640963AE91868948bd3EF6838

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the help so far.

I have gotten the page to load so now I would like to make changes to the UI and explore colors, sizes etc…

Whilst I am across how I can make changes using dev tools in chrome, these are temporary changes and I would like to make them more permanent to introduce my own style. Can someone advise me the best place within the boilerplate code to attempt this?

Also, I would like to be able to add a token address / search function to the Dex page so its not a matter of scrolling to find the token but people can input abbreviations or token addresses to be able to load their token of choice.

Can someone give me a push in the right direction please.

FlyBoy

When deployed, the Fiat onramper does not work. Do I have to put the API key as an environment variable or is it handled directly by Moralis?

Any idea what is this error "NoMoralisContextProviderError: Make sure to only call useMoralis within a " ?