Dependency issues in morialis-poll repository from "Make a DAO in 10 minutes" tutorial

Hi

I have got 2 questions. I followed this tutorial here from how to Make a DAO in 10 minutes site you guys put out… I have cloned the repository from here as mentioned in the tutorial: https://github.com/ashbeech/moralis-poll

However, I get dependency issues when running npm install on the cloned repo locally on my machine.
Below are the error logs:

npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree
npm ERR!
npm ERR! While resolving: [email protected]
npm ERR! Found: [email protected]
npm ERR! node_modules/moralis
npm ERR! moralis@"^0.0.118" from the root project
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer moralis@">=0.0.176" from [email protected]
npm ERR! node_modules/react-moralis
npm ERR! react-moralis@"^0.3.0" from the root project
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.

Can anyone provide guidance to resolving this dependency issue?

On the other hand, I have cloned the original repo: git clone https://github.com/ethereum-boilerplate/web3-social-network-boilerplate

I was able to successfully run npm install and npm start. However, I think there are some codes which I may have to port over from the moralis repo as I don’t see the poll UI after running the repo locally and connecting my Metamask Wallet. Are there specific instructions on how to do this?

it looks like some packages require different versions of Moralis SDK, you could pin the version of packages that is not already pinned

I think it is because I’m having errors cloning the repository on my device. Is there a way I can download the zip and get the folders into VSC?

When cloning on terminal I get the error: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

delete your all your files of your project
take the https://github.com/ashbeech/moralis-poll
and run: npm i
this will get you the errors you mentioned but will install the node_modules, the conflict of the depedencies isn’t a big deal so in order to npm to ignore it
run: npm install --save --legacy-peer-deps
you maybe also need to run: npm i reactstrap --legacy-peer-deps

if you continue to have errors remove npm and node, delete the files again, install the latest versions and start all over again,
***the code is fine you just need to play with npm

I think the issue is that the files for the DAO are not here but the ‘Web3 social network boilerplate’ files have been place here instead?

I was searching for the contract and noticed its the wrong set of files, unless I misunderstood something. May also explain the npm issue you are having?

Thanks, I actually had the same issue as described by ywng85 above, once I cloned the moralis-poll repo and tried npm install, and running npm install --save --legacy-peer-deps solved it. Much appreciated.