Deep Index Errors: 520, 502

this works for me now, I tried 10 times

I switched my IP to a VPN provided IP and it works again. I have not triggered any rate limits yet. I suspect if I do, this same issue will happen to my new IP. So I will test that out after I finish building, or if im able to obtain another IP.

1 Like

I increased my requests per second to 20, and now im facing the 502 errors again. This time, subsequent requests are met with a 504

and if you decrease it now it works well?

we did a change in API backend recently (~15-30 minutes ago), if you see something strange it could also be because of that change

correct, it works fine at 10 requests per second for small payloads.

Longer payloads now timeout with a 504 after a few minutes.

Its a bit disappointing though because the pro plan should be netting us about 60 requests per second if im not mistaken

you have a request example for this?

can you try now again with larger payloads?

i execute each of those 10 per second. It consistently fails with a 504

1 Like

I was able to replicate that 504 error sometimes with that list

now you should not get that 504 error

The 520 error is back. It seems sending a high volume of requests triggers this. This time, the VPN trick did not work

how frequently it happens? what type of requests you send? how many requests?

Its sporadic. I hit /transaction/${txHash} anywhere from 100 to 1000 times depending on what i’m doing. After completely stopping use for about 30 minutes, i’m now again able to make requests.

When that happens you are probably temporarily blocked.

What sort of timeframe are you running /transaction/ 100 to 1000 times? E.g. within 5-10 seconds. You may need to add delays in between requests.

This page lists endpoint weights but it doesn’t seem to list the weight for getTransaction or /transaction/. If it’s more than 1, this drastically reduces how many requests you make e.g. a weight of 1 is 60 requests per second, a weight of 2 is 30 requests per second.

That would make sense. I have a rate limiter built into my request logic. At the moment it’s set to 55 requests per second. I see this error mainly during development so it could be the rate limits adding up rapidly between server restarts. I’ll reduce it and keep an eye on how often i send requests