Debug method on speedy node is unauthorized

Hello world,

I was trying to get internal transaction from speedy archive node (Ethereum mainnet) through debug_traceBlockByNumber, but the response from JSON RPC is unauthorized. Is ā€œdebugā€ method enabled on speedy node?

Thank you

I think that method is not enabled, as in it is not whitelisted and it doesnā€™t even make it to the node.

Hi, do you know if there is a way to enable it?

I donā€™t think that we are going to enable it

I am also getting a 401 Unauthorized when attempting to to run

const signature = await web3.eth.sign(web3.utils.toHex("hello world"), someAddress);

Does this mean that the eth_sign and eth_signTypedData RPC methods are blacklisted too?

If so, would you mind elaborating on why signing methods are disallowed? I havenā€™t been able to find a single API provider that supports signing (infura, moralis, linkpool, etcā€¦)- it only seems like metamask supports these RPC methods. Unfortunately I am trying to sign from a server application so using metamask isnā€™t going to work for me, unless thereā€™s some way to run metamask headlessly or something?

you need something like this: How to solve Returned error: only replay-protected (EIP-155) transactions allowed over RPC?
a speedy node can not sign a transaction for you, because it doesnā€™t have your private key