Cloning OpenSea NFT Boilerplate Questions

Hi @IAmJaysWay, i followed every detail instruction and got until i minted my first NFT using YT Moralis Example,

I test approve it and it succeed but when I want to list it I thereā€™s error on it

Could u tell me how to check where this error came from?

Thx Moralis

Hi, iā€™ve got this working from localhost and can see the 2 collections. But how do i create an NFT and/or make a collection? There is no link or form to create an NFT, like in the dabit3 repository which inspired this.

. See image. Thanks

Also, what do I put in the abi box when syncing the MarketItemCreated table, as per instructions?

Can anyone tell me why each one of these NFTs are taking 15 seconds to come in?
cached IDs are fine but on a new refresh this is taking forever to load.
collection is ~410 in size

i think i got the issue now, while I minting using ERC 1155 while marketplace.sol using ERC 721. Found this problem amusing actually. glad to share this.

I use this one tut from moralis YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VglTdr0n5ZQ
kindly remind thats for ERC 1155, and marketplace on nft boilerplate example using ERC721

based on moralis tut,
on moralis admin page, view details your server input on like this

Hey @Latok,

Earlier in the thread I provided a simple contract to make a ERC721 collection and mint some NFTs, you could try this out :slight_smile: Also @skyisnolimit111, if you are still looking to change from ERC1155 to ERC721, you could try this as well.

1 Like

@Fitz, It looks like they are being manually fetched. For some collections that are new or havenā€™t been indexed yet, it might take a while to get resolved metadata with the Moralis Web3 api request and in the meanwhile they will resort to a manual fetch.
If you would like to speed things up, you could save the img urls, to your Moralis DB for collections you need to render often.

Thanks Iā€™ll look into adding this to the DB. I was also thinking of storing the whole collection data in the DB instead of fetching it all each load as the boilerplate does.

This collection has been minted for a few weeks now so I was hoping it would be faster or at least all indexed by now

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this, where am i using this code? It should let anyone create an NFT through the ā€˜create page formā€™ and metamask or other wallet.

I thought this ā€˜cloneā€™ was inspired by dabit3 repository (it says in the code) and hence it would have the same links to create an NFT (from a form) which places it in the ā€˜marketplaceā€™ (home or other page) and in the creatorā€™s ā€˜dashboardā€™ and when a NFT is bought it moves from the ā€˜marketplaceā€™ to the buyerā€™s ā€˜your assetsā€™ page. Iā€™ve installed and used the dabit3 script and it works fine except some issues with the Buy links.

Iā€™ve read through most of this forum, esp when i couldnā€™t get this script to work from the original repository (iā€™ve now used casnwkā€™s repository).

Still trying to understand how this script is a ā€˜cloning openseaā€™ when it doesnā€™t appear to do many of the things like create NFT, view your NFTs,buy NFT, have a marketplace to sell NFTs etc.

Thanks

I did this previously when i tried the script (couldnā€™t get it to work at all) but where do i get the ABI script code in your image? Thanks

1 Like

Hey @latok,

The contract for creating an NFT is something you can deploy yourself, for example through Remix and create a collection that way.

And yes you are right this boilerplate doesnā€™t have all the features that OpenSea has, but serves more as a starting point to show you how you can start listing, purchasing etc. NFTs in a similar fashion as to OpenSea, but with focus on how simple Moralis makes this process :+1:.

You are more than welcome to fork and start adding functionality, like creating NFT collections, putting up offers etc.

Hopefully you are inspired to start buidling these features yourself :facepunch:

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m not proficient in dApp development or react/next etc and am learning as I try things. But iā€™m not a beginner.

When I came across this script from the dabit3 script searches (which it says inspired it) I thought it would have the same features but uses moralis for the backend. That it allows users to create an NFT which is placed in the marketplace and in their own dashboard, and allows users to buy an NFT from the marketplace which shows in their assets page. That would make it a bare minimum of opensea and the dabit3 script.

I think itā€™s more of a fork of the ethereum boilerplate and not dabit3. It leaves most features to the user to add. Nothing wrong in that, just that when I and others came across this script we thought it might do things that it doesnā€™t.

And I was looking at buying a moralis Pro subscription if this did what I wanted. My budget is a few hundred dollars/pounds a month.

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback @latok

Hope youā€™ve still got a grasp of how much Moralis accelerates dApp development and continue building with it!

I would also keep an eye on the repo and forks, as our active community might be adding functionality you are looking for your minimum viable product :wink:

Your colleague at moralis has done a video tutorial on how to create a NFT marketplace by adding and buying NFTs. Iā€™ll have to have a look at it. Maybe it can be integrated into this script.

Thanks

1 Like

try this yt video

itā€™s about syncing ABI on moralis admin panel
the info itself at 46:26 mark AFAIK
1 Like

Thanks, i did this before but couldnā€™t remember the abi code.

1 Like

just recompile the boilerplate.sol and u can see the ABI code

1 Like

cool. dont know much about proxy servers. could you follow up with a brief explanation?