Cloning OpenSea NFT Boilerplate Questions

If you want to have the marketplace contract on multiple chains I would have the setMarketAddress and setContractABI, set these to the correct contract based on which chain the user is currently on for example in the useEffect() in the MoralisDappProvider.js.

And yes remix is good for testing out your contracts, you can connect your metamask on different chains, to deploy on the network you would like.

:+1:

2 Likes

Donā€™t really know what is going one in your screenshot, canā€™t reproduce and it works fine on my endā€¦ you could try and start typing the const out and see where it goes wrong :thinking:

Hello there, Iā€™m following along with the Youtube video but seems that the boilerplate has changed.
Iā€™m finding issues with the hooks (Which I solved copy-pasting the ones on the final template).

But I do also have issues with the following:

Is there any way to pull the boilerplate you used in the video?
Thank you in advance

I think itā€™s a common issue with @m33lucky

Hello, when I run " yarn start" from the terminal, I keep getting an error that says ā€œcouldnā€™t find a package.json fileā€. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Hey @Ulvur!

Thanks for you message, we update the Ethereum-Boilerplate very frequently, so you are correct in assuming there may be some conflicts if you clone the latest version of that :+1:. You should be able to get the version of the boilerplate at the time of recording by cloning the repo and then checking out an earlier commit. I believe the following should be the one at time of recording:

git clone https://github.com/ethereum-boilerplate/ethereum-boilerplate.git
cd ethereum-boilerplate
git checkout cfffb45755287226ab01f560343a5442cd9ec313

Hope this works out!

Also @ronlawrence5 I would suggest going through the same steps as above this should bring in the whole repository :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need help adding a commission function to my nft.
Can you help me with this?

Thank you man! That was fast :smiley:
Itā€™s looking good atm.

Thank you for your effort on the video. Very helpfull introducing Moralis tools!

1 Like

Hi @matrixone,

We mostly focused on how Moralis integrates with the smart contract in this tutorial, but adding such functionality shouldnt be overly complicated.

You can have a browse at different smart contracts online and see how they accomplish this. There will be numerous ways to go about it. Wether you want to add a pre-set listing price that has has to be sent by the address placing an NFT for sale, or then taking a percentage of the price the NFT is sold for, these will have different implementations.

Good Luck! :+1:

1 Like

Hello !
The App.jsx code from the ethereum-boilerplate is different from the one followed in the tutorial, which makes it pretty difficult to follow up.

Hey @MattS,

Have you tried checking out an earlier version of the ethereum-boilerplate as discussed earlier in the thread?

Thank you! It works perfectly now

1 Like

For some reason most of the NFTs that show up in the default version of the boilerplate (without doing anything to it beyond adding in the app id and server address), donā€™t have images.

The online demo also isnā€™t showing images for my NFTs.

My initial impression is that it has something to do with the INFURA integration, although I didnā€™t go too deep into it.

Jello IAmJaysWay, Iā€™m having some issues filtering the NFTs inside balances tab with the collections also set for the explore sectionā€¦

Could you help me out with that? Maybe some hint on how to accomplish it? I tried to ā€œcopyā€ a bit the functionality on the explore but without success.
Thank you in advance!

You should be able to just bring in the collections from the collections.js helper function into the useNFTBalance.js hook. Then after you call the Moralis Web 3 API to get your accounts NFTs, just filter out all the NFTs that have a token_address not present in the pre set collections, brought from the helper function :slight_smile: .

Hi @Ioulaum ,

This is peculiar, I canā€™t seem to reproduce, but have asked about your issue and will get back when I have more info!

how can you set a percentage of the price the NFT is sold for to be taken?

1 Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I want to Apologize in advance of these questions were answered previously, I could not find the answers so I am asking now.

I have absolutely zero programming knowledge/experience, will this be user friendly enough to allow me to create a complete NFT marketplace place?

I am trying to create an NFT marketplace that will be launched on Immutable X will this be able to work for Immutable X? It should launch on Immutable X soon so I want to be ready for when it does?

Are there any other resources that you can point me to, to assist me with creating the marketplace?

Lastly, will I be able to create a section where people can trade multiple collectibles? For example I have 2 of this and I want to trade another person for 1 item he has?

What about an auction functionality?

Thank you Iā€™m advance for your assistance.

Chris

Hello Jay, Iā€™m having some issues with the marketPlace listing approvalā€¦

for this you need programming knowledge, we will soon add a way to launch marketplaces without code also - stay tuned!