Can’t open browser to see what I’m working on

Hey I’m new here. I just made an account because I had a question. I came across the Create a dex video on YouTube and I’m trying to follow along. Great tutorial by the way! I’m having an issue viewing anything that I’m working on though. So far I have downloaded Google chrome (I’m using an hp), set Crome as my default browser, tried installing live server extension, and tried several times to run but the attachment is all it brings up. Anyways I’m trying to learn and any help with figuring out this browser issue would help.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @Chris77

It looks like you are in the wrong directory. Visit 127.0.0.1:5500/dexFinal

2 Likes

Thanks for that! I’m having an issue now with this error. My commands don’t seem to be working.

2 Likes

I hope this is the tutorial that you are following. Please make sure to watch the tutorial and follow the steps shown in the video.

2 Likes

Yes that’s it. I have downloaded Git and nodejs. Even the liveserver extension but still no luck with commands. Is there any other downloads needed?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply’s btw. It’s all a learning experience

2 Likes

This project need NPM to start the server. Live server extension is only for running pure .html files. This dex project is a react and node js project. So recommend learning how to run react projects using NPM.

2 Likes

How do I get ahold of you John?

1 Like

You can ask your questions here or you can also contact us on our discord.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like