Calling Javascript Moralis on Button-Click, Then Submitting Form Not Working

Hey!
Iā€™m writing a website where a user fills out fields in an HTML form. There is a button (not a type SUBMIT), which, when clicked, calls an NFT Mint Function through Javascript. This executes properly, and the transactions complete on the Rinkeby testnet. However, Iā€™m not getting what I expect after that. I want my code to change the buttonā€™s text to ā€œTransaction Pendingā€ and Grey it out, while the transaction is pending. On completion, I want the async function to POST the form data to a .php file on my server. On failure, I want to do error handling. Iā€™m not getting any sort of ā€œtransaction pendingā€ updates in my page, nor am I getting success or failure actions. Am I missing something? Here are what I believe are relevant code snippets:

<form action="createJSON.php" method="post" name="MintForm">
        <div class="form-group">
            <label for="ShortName">Short Name: </label>
            <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="" id="ShortName" name="ShortName">
            <label for="DescriptionData">Enter Description:</label>
            <textarea class="form-control" placeholder="" name="DescriptionData" id="DescriptionData" rows="15"></textarea>
            <input type="hidden" name="fullID" id="fullID" value="25"/> //value = 25 is a placeholder until I get the next stage of code done
            <a href="#" class="btn btn-primary" id="MintButton" onclick="mintNewToken()">Mint Token</a>
    </div>
async function mintNewToken()
{   
    console.log("mint function called");
    const ABI = [.................. // ABI pulled from Remix goes here
];
     const options = {
        contractAddress: myContractAddress,
        functionName: "mintItem",
        abi: ABI,
        params: {
          to: useraddress,
          tokenURI: "myroottokenURIgoeshere"
        },
      };
      console.log("GetElementSection called");
      document.getElementById("MintButton").innerHTML = "Transaction Pending...";
      document.getElementById("MintButton").style.backgroundColor = "grey";   
      const receipt = await Moralis.executeFunction(options);
      try{
        const result = await receipt.wait(5);
        console.log("Confirmed Received");
        document.MintForm.submit();
          }
        catch(e) {
        console.error(e);
  }  

}

I feel like Iā€™m missing something glaringly obvious. I get ā€œmint function calledā€ in console, but I never ā€œGetElementID Sectionā€ called. And so, obviously, never get the button greying out, never get MintForm being submitted through the javascript, or get any sort of error logging. Am I missing something?

Minor Edit: Going back after posting and ensuring all fields have Name AND id set in the form did not make a difference.

can you look in your browser network tab to see what request it tries to do, in case that it tries to do a request? you could also test separately that document.MintForm.submit(); to see if it works