Animation_url not picked up by normalized metadata

I have this within the json metadata:
{ā€¦
ā€œimageā€:ā€œipfs://bafybeibyxqyphs2eovfdspbyac7yh5xvdlebgesbhznqtxzfymj3uymqxq/fgtl.gifā€,ā€œanimation_urlā€:ā€œipfs://bafybeibiyiuz52e75wgnsruhu7slm2wzg5aowi2v64dy65hlfilxleosu4/fgtl.glbā€
ā€¦}

My image url gets picked up with the getNFTMetadata API endpoint but for some reason ā€œanimation_urlā€ always comes up null?

Any ideas as to why?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi @eateddy

You can try using the resync metadata endpoint to update the metadata from your end. It will fetch the latest data from the tokenUri

1 Like

Hi John,

Thanks! However this still doesnā€™t solve the problem I have for the other NFTs that are to be made/currently exists.

Within the metadata structure the ā€œanimation_urlā€ and the ā€œimageā€ url are the same type of object (string), so why is it ā€œimageā€ works but ā€œanimation_urlā€ does not? Is there something I need to do in the metadata itself to flag something for the moralis getNftMetadata API to work?

For example when I used the heading ā€œpropertiesā€ the API didnā€™t pick up the traits but after switching it to ā€œattributesā€ the API starting picking up the normalised metadata.

1 Like

Hi @eateddy

Sry for the late reply. Can you share me your contract address and on which chain you have you contract. I will check with the team on why it is missing.

No worries John, it is a forum question after all!

Currently it is on the Polygon Mumbai test network.
Contract: 0x1b0B1e3666Da85c841669cC6604f351061532F52

Sample metadata link for token ID 86: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/bafyreica44ip4x6b66gk5eyxuxj3mmhea2ort5hbgc5johvtzr4jhb537u/metadata.json

Thanks,
Eat

2 Likes

Thanks for the details. I am reporting it to the devs.

For a temporary fix, can you try to read the animation URL from the stringified json metadata?

Hi John,

Yes that is what I am doing now! My code just isnā€™t as neat thatā€™s all :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more professional note I also wanted to check if it was something wrong with my metadata layout as I am hoping to scale the app with moralis and it would be more convenient if it was all picked up in the normalised metadata setting within the API

Thanks,
Eat

1 Like

Hi John,

Did the devs get back to you on a timeline for this investigation?

Thanks!

Eat

It seems to be a bug on our end. We have recorded it for now. We will fix it in the near future.

Ah yes okay noted!

When it is fixed will we be notified via a newsletter or some sort of communication so I know when I can go back to using the normalized metadata?

Thanks,
Eat

1 Like

I will update you on the forum once it is resolved. :raised_hands:

Ah perfect, Thank you John!

Eat