Wallet connect feature on moralis v1 is now broken

Our production app which relied on moralis for authentication, have been pretty devastated since moralis removed speedy nodes, we moved most of our interactions to infura, but now the wallet connect integration is broken as wallet connect tries to establish connection to the EVM using moralisā€¦
It gives 504, but there is no way to manage the speedy-nodes to allow connection through the dashboardā€¦

Is there a way to bypass moralis in this case and use infura?

there could be a way to do it, if you try to use a custom web3 connector for walletconnect

similar thread:

that error that you see there should be a rate limit error that should not happen every time, only if you test multiple times

it happens because Iā€™m trying to use the wallet connect provider from moralis (enable web3) - it is really frustrating that you think itā€™s a logical solution for me to patch moralis to jump through hoops around it.

If I use my own wallet connect + infura - I lose the whole point of using moralis which is authenticating the wallets and managing users.

Why would I use moralis if the solution to all the weird bugs I keep getting is always ā€œdonā€™t use moralisā€ - Iā€™ve been using moralis for 9 months now and it seems like every version you guys break something, cause a bug, and than when I ask about it your solution is to not use moralis because moralis cannot do it.

This is not a rate limit error - maybe thatā€™s what the server says because you handled the quick node deprecation by just rate limiting it to 0 for everyone?
The flow is this:

1. connect with wallet connect.
  2. enable web3 and wrap the provider with ethers.
  3. make 1 request to the blockchain.

that is all thatā€™s needed to break moralis, which worked fine until the RPC node deprecation.

2 Likes