[SOLVED] Need some clarification in "How to Create an NFT Marketplace" tutorial by Daniel

For this you will need a NFT smart contract address, which has some minted NFTs.

In the video daniel used his own smart contract address which has test mage NFTs.

Iā€™m a noob. How can i run this project? Cause nothing happens when i hit F5 on VSCODE, just a blank screen. Also iā€™m getting an error:

Source ā€œOpenZeppelin/[email protected]/contracts/token/ERC721/ERC721.solā€ not found: File import callback not supported

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
How can I get my own smart contract address? how to mint my own NFTs to the address?
Is there any tutorial related to my question?

Thank you so much really appreciate it bro.

If you are looking for readymade contract which can be deployed on remix or to mint nft. Then use the below tutorial.

And if you are looking to understand how to actually write a nft contract and deploy then the below tutorial covers all the required basics. AND its a 2hr long video. Its totally worth it.

If u are a very beginner to NFTs and smart contracts then I recommend the ultimate nft tutorial.

2 Likes

Hi Evandro.

Welcome to the community.

To run this project you need to run a local http server. You can do that with Python 3 very easily. Python3 -m http.server in the terminal. You have to be positioned in the directory where the index html is.

This project is a bit complex if you are a complete newbie, specially because we aimed for a short walkthrough video for this tutorial. This could make it a bit difficult to follow if you donā€™t have background.

For running this project you need:

• A moralis server.
  • NFTs that you control in the testnet that you are targeting. If you donā€™t have, then you will need to mint some (there is another tutorial on this mentioned in other post by @johnversus). Preferably if those NFTs are in an ERC-721 contract.
  • Deploy the Market Place smart contract. This you have to do using your favorite framework. The imports were largely vary according to the previous choice. So basically the way in which you write the import and how to get the dependencies is up to that decision.
  • You an account with private keys to manage the transactions of the market place. This account prevate key you put in the cloud code. For this tutorial we do it that way for simplicity but youā€™ll never do that in production you will have an external service that holds the key and that can return only very specific transactions after being requested with proper authentication.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Daniel

Im now working in a startup company here in my country, we are now working on to develop a NFT Marketplace and will use Moralis Paid Service. Looking forward for more guide and tutorials from you guys.
Thanks.

1 Like

have issue with yarn start trying your to build nft market i install the Yarn pk but its got a lot of issues. then i get this error . i cant seem to start app with Yarn Start ? anyone know how i can fix this please https://gyazo.com/cc499ca344ef616a236a6e6c5773cdb4 thank you

i have a noob question in relation to the tutorial:
thereā€™s an ā€œoperator addressā€ in the marketplace contract. what is the operator supposed to be? where do i get this address?

The operatorā€™s address will be the contract ownerā€™s wallet address / the one who deployed the contract.

You can change the operator with changeOperator function.

1 Like

Thanks for such an nice tutorial having a great information.
I also know US based company providing white label NFT marketplace development.

another question: whatā€™s the coordinatorKey in the Cloud code part of the tutorial?

that will be the private key of the wallet using which you will pay the gas for listing.

coordinatorKey = private key of the wallet

ā€œFor this you will need a NFT smart contract address, which has some minted NFTsā€¦ā€

Do you mean the ā€œmarketplace contract addressā€ used in his video? the one beginning with 0x44ā€¦"?

Also I used this address but still not getting any images. So its either its not longer valid or am I mistaken that first must be logged into a wallet before entering the marketplace? (That is implement a login code to open a wallet pop-up so a user can login first, because I do not see any of this part being in the marketplace code in the tutorial)

No. You need to have some NFTā€™s owned by your wallet address and these NFTā€™s will be on different smart contracts. Marketplace contract address only processes the buy/sells of you NFT.

If you check this getNFTs function in logic.js file, you will see that we are getting the NFTā€™s of the logged in user and stored the data in an array which later is used by the generateNFTDisplay to built the UI.

The contract address from the generated UI is later used by the placeOffering function to perform the listing on marketplace smart contract .

I seeā€¦ but what exactly should the smart contract in this case beā€¦ is the same ā€œnft_contractā€ used for the minting? If I understood correctly there are 2 contracts to be used in creating an NFT Marketplaceā€¦ (1) marketplace_contract and (2) nft-minting_contractā€¦ Am I missing anything?

In the screenshot, what does the ā€œnft_market_place_addressā€ mean? Is it the wallet address that was used to deploy the marketplace smart contract? Or is it the marketplace_smart contract address (contract created using Remix etc)ā€¦

Itā€™s the contract address for the MarketPlace contract. You can go to the repo to see it.

1 Like

Thank you! I also advise you to read about cost to build an nft marketplace here: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/nft-marketplace-development-cost/