NFT Marketplace Issue

The page that shows the NFTs I own are now displayed from the highest token ID in descending order, when they were being shown in minting order a few weeks back.

I would think this would be ok because for most collections NFTs would be minted with incrementing IDs, so comparable to being sorted by mint order. Is this not the case for yours?

The main issue is that the listing page is only showing the first X number of NFTs, in minting order, whether they are for sale or not.

Maybe that is my problem? lol

I realized the Marketplace page is just showing random NFTs in no discernable order, some are listed for sale, some are not.

I was mistaken in thinking that had something to do with minting order.

Descending order on the My Collection page makes sense, random tokens in the Marketplace I donā€™t understand.

how many NFTs you have there?

I donā€™t know the exact number, but I still own at least 24.7k of 25k.

Also, just to clarify, I was wrong about ā€œminting orderā€, itā€™s just a random (but consistent) selection of NFTs being displayed on the Marketplace.

(Thank you!)

at this moment we donā€™t have an order parameter, and with 25k tokens, it is not easy to order them

Itā€™s just weird how the Marketplace and My Collection pages were showing a consistent order a few weeks ago, and now the My Collection window is in a different order.

Because of my lack of coding ability, this change is a major disaster for me.

If the Marketplace page would only display the NFTs listed for sale, instead of a fixed selection of random token IDs, that would make a lot more sense - donā€™t you think?

there should be a way to list only those nfts listed for sale, assuming that there is an easy way to identify them

Thereā€™s really no reason to have random NFTs on the listing page to begin with, I was just trying to sell what was visible . . .

when you have ~25k NFTs, somehow you have to know what you want to sell

if you have only 5 NFTs, then it is easier

The order isnā€™t all that important, itā€™s just a matter of functional capability.

I listed one of the NFTs now visible in the My Collection window, and it doesnā€™t show up for sale on the Marketplace - all the same random NFTs are there.

It doesnā€™t really make sense to have NFTs that arenā€™t for sale shown on the listing page - especially if they arenā€™t automatically displaced by new listings . . . right?

there may be a different problem if it shows random NFTs instead of what is for sale when it is expected to show only the NFTs that are for sale

I guess that is the real problem here. Thanks for clarifying.

Do you have any idea why the Marketplace page would be stuck with the first ā€œbatchā€ of random NFTs it displayed? If that was a common problem, you would know all about it, Iā€™m sure.

Iā€™m not familiar with that code, I donā€™t know what could be wrong

Ok. Can you suggest who I could talk to about that? Itā€™s the Marketplace boilerplate code linked from the ā€œI Cloned OpenSeaā€ tutorial vid. I donā€™t know if that was written by anyone from Moralis?

you could try to look in the code that displays the items for sale, to see what it does

you can add some logging, to see what happens

you could post some code snippet on forum

Thanks for taking so much time to pay attention to my issue.

I guess I will try to figure out if this is a ā€œbug or a featureā€, and go from there.

1 Like

yes same issue here. I have no idea either why it randomly chooses the NFT IDā€™s that it does or how to order the query on the display end.

It should be:

1. Paginated results with max 100 per page (set to max moralis query)
  2. filtered by ALL collection or ONLY FOR SALE.
  3. OR just list the FOR SALE nfts FIRST

Im learning but would be willing to spend some time with someone researching and making the above happen

You can read this for an example. Because results are returned randomly from the API, youā€™ll need to get all of the collection data together and from there you can filter by NFTs for sale (checked against your MarketItem table).