Moralis API request error code 429

Hello, I’m currently attempting to extract data from the Moralis NFT API, as I understand NFT requests are more computationally expensive hence count as 5 requests. Based on the premium plan (which I am paying for) I would be able to still make 700 requests per minute. However I am receiving a 429 error code after a few requests, even after I inputed a sleep of 0.5 seconds between requests. Is there any way to work around this? Or am I missing something in terms of being able to utilize the full extent of this product.

what is the exact error message that you receive when you get that rate limit error?

Error: This Moralis Server is rate-limited because of the plan restrictions. See the details about the current rate and throttle limits: {“x-rate-limit-limit”:“3500”,“x-rate-limit-remaining”:“45”,“x-rate-limit-remaining-ttl”:“45”,“x-rate-limit-throttle-limit”:“88”,“x-rate-limit-throttle-remaining”:“1”,“x-rate-limit-throttle-remaining-ttl”:“1”,“x-rate-limit-throttle-used”:“95”,“x-rate-limit-used”:“60”}

What api endpoint are you using? With a delay with 1 second between requests it works fine?

https://deep-index.moralis.io/api/v2/nft/0x96f020b13f1b8b46d70723c3a3c7b4cc6618e99e/transfers?chain=avalanche&format=decimal&offset=0

Here is the endpoint. And yes with a delay of one second it works most of the time, but as I’m paying for the premium plan I was expecting to be able to fetch data at a faster rate? Is there a way I could get around this?

It should work with a delay of less that a second too, you are using pagination?

Hey @alexcessy you might be bumping to this temporary restriction on NFT APIs, it exists for all plan as I believe, but will be lifted in the future :raised_hands: For now the only way is as @cryptokid says to use some kind of delay

1 Like

Hey guys, firstly really appreciate the support. To paginate I’m incrementally increasing the offset.
But no unfortunately I seem to only be able to make about 20 requests per minute.

1 Like

Ohhh my bad I forgot to share the post by Ivan

but basically yes the larger your offset is, the larger your “request count” which in here if the total goes above 60 per second, it’s rate limit you instantly

1 Like