[SOLVED] Metadata missing on some wallet items when reading it from API

Let’s take this item for example, it got a perfect token id with it metadata but when I try to read it from the account/getNFTsForContract API from the swagger it return an null metadata for that item.

“symbol”: “ForestKnight”,
“token_uri”: “https://metadata.arkane.network/api/apps/5bacc710-7a34-4d30-b6d5-3808fe5a1685/contracts/137/tokens/0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000673/metadata”,
“metadata”: null

This need fix ASAP if possible.

Alright thank you, I will post it on tech forum

Hi, Pola.

You may disregard the previous message, you are at the right place. I will send someone now to check your issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for that , I was confused for moment :slight_smile:
I will be waiting for the feedback and thank you

Hi, you can use resyncMetadata endpoint to force a resync for metadata for that particular token id.
You can do it directly from web3api interface too: https://admin.moralis.io/web3Api

Let me do that and come back to you, thank you

I tried to do that through the swagger and it always result in

{
  "status": "The metadata could not be updated! Try again later"
}

can you paste here the contract address, token_id and chain?

Contract address : 0x9c09596d3d3691ea971f0b40b8cad44186868267
chain : Polygon
token_id : 1651

it looks like it works now

Yes it working now, thank you.

May I ask what was the issues though ?

I’m not sure 100%, I think that it was something that wasn’t directly related to this query.

Interesting, alright thank you so much for your time! :slight_smile:

Hello again, it seem like there many items with same problem.

So what is the solution for that ? in long term

I won’t be able to manual do that link each instance of same problem and manual fix it

Same problem on same contract, chain and this now the token ids : 1755 and 5475

did you try to use resyncMetadata endpoint with uri flag?

I tried it now on the second token id and it worked without problems

I tried on the first one and it result in the same error of early which is

{
“status”: “The metadata could not be updated! Try again later”
}

And that is the other issues, if that is the solve to that problem I will do it over many item ids?

what is the exact query that you tried?

when the metadata is missing, sometimes resyncMetadata endpoint can fix the problem, but it has to be called for every token id

So I got to make an automated system for it then in the case of metadata is being null, I will try to put that as a solution for now.

Helllo again @cryptokid

Now some items was showing fine before and their metadata all of sudden turned null, that problem happen on many wallets within our system and this item was showing fine for over a month.

Now atleast 17 out of 20 items showing null metdata, please don’t tell me to do manual refresh cause this problem affect more than just few items.