[SOLVED] Js syntax please: two values in the same span

Hi guys,
please, how can i add ā€˜passwordā€™ to ā€˜usernameā€™ in
document.getElementById(ā€œu_nameā€).innerText = ${currentUser.get('username')}

i try to show them in the same field.

Thank you

You canā€™t show the userā€™s current password (it is hashed in the server database) if thatā€™s what youā€™re trying to do.

Otherwise you can just add another value at the end:

document.getElementById("u_name").innerText = `${currentUser.get('username')} test`
1 Like

Thank you,
opps forget about the password, it was a mistake from me to give it as exampleā€¦i was tired yesterday :slight_smile:

i try to show the ā€˜usernameā€™+ @ + ā€˜zoneā€™ in the same span

to show this in final

jhon@zone1

document.getElementById(ā€œu_nameā€).innerText = ${currentUser.get('username')}

Thank you again

Then you can do

document.getElementById("u_name").innerText = `${currentUser.get('username')}@zone`

Or so itā€™s a bit clearer

document.getElementById("u_name").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@zone"
1 Like

Thank you Glad :slight_smile:

sorry to not been clear in my question. ā€˜zonenumberā€™ is a value too . only @ is a text .

my problem is how to show the two values in the same html line
username@zonenumber
example

tar@zone12

is this correct this way?

document.getElementById("userID").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@" ('zone') 

Thank you Glad

Then you just add that variable to the end - itā€™s not any different from your use of currentUser.get('username').

document.getElementById("u_name").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@" + zonenumbervariable
1 Like

is it correct this way?

document.getElementById("userID").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@" + ('zone') 

ā€˜zonenumberā€™ is a value too . only @ is a text .

What you posted will just do text like @. If zonenumber is a variable (that has a value), then use that last example I posted.

I suggest reading this tutorial.

1 Like

thank you Glad.
this is for a registration form.

username
password
zonenumber

after login in . i try to show the username@zonenumber in dashboard

i made it by making
tow lines of code
one for username

document.getElementById("u_name").innerText = currentUser.get('username')  

and one for the zonenumber

document.getElementById("z_num").innerText = currentUser.get('zonenumber')  

then put them side by side in html.
but if is it possible to put them in one JS line it will be fine

document.getElementById("userID").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@" +....

Thanks again

document.getElementById("userID").innerText = currentUser.get('username') + "@" + currentUser.get('zonenumber')
1 Like

oh Thank you Glad!! :slight_smile: this is what i try to do.

see you Mage