I can't mint 1000 NFT items

I have claimed victory very quicklyā€¦ With the test contract of only 22 items it worked for me (and I thought that would works with my real contract). I ended up seeing the 22 NFTs in testnet.opensea.ioā€¦ But it turns out that with the 1000 of my real contract (on mainnet), the deploy in remix is frozen; deploy never ends. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I give upā€¦ Itā€™s not possible to mint 1000 items.

How can I increase gas? In the moralis tutorials (moralis-mutants-nfts) the guy doesnā€™t do anything with the gasā€¦

you can do a deploy first and then call mintAll(), if that function executes than ell items should be minted

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried on mombai testnet, increasing the gas limit to 3000000000 , the contract is deployed, but the mintAll function get me this error

you could try to do 100 at a time instead of 1000 in one transaction

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ how?

creating 10 functions?

mint1to100()
mint101to200()
and so on?

by using a parameter to a function, like how many nfts to mint

I wanna mint 1 of each NFTā€¦ but 1000 NFTs

Soā€¦ Iā€™m trying to understand the concept of ā€œtransactionā€

Because if I create a function to _mint() 100 items and If I make a chain calling it 10 timesā€¦ at the end is the sameā€¦

The way that Iā€™m thinking isā€¦ creating 10 diferents methods, to call it one by one

mint1to100, mint101to200ā€¦, mint901to1000

Butā€¦ itā€™s horrible!

you could make it somehow with a parameter maybe, to call same method with a number from 1 to 10 and to mint 100 nfts each time

1 Like

Yeah! step by stepā€¦ I was able to create the collection (1000 items) in mumbai.polygon and see it in testnet.openseaā€¦ But when I do the deploy in mainnet.polygonā€¦ remix is still frozen; nothing happensā€¦ OMGā€¦ This is a nightmare. Do you know what could be going on?

I donā€™t know why it is frozen

Same contract, the only thing that changes is the network of the account with which Iā€™m connected with Metamask. Mumbay OK. Deploying and minting. Mainnet KO. For me (without experience) has no sense. Maybe you donā€™t know the exact reason (because your are not viewing the logs), but, for the love of God, what changes using one network or other?. From my short experience, the unique thing that changes is whre you loose yout coins with the fees.

Maybe there is a problem with the RPC node

Ok, soā€¦ when the network changes, the RPC node changesā€¦ and could be a problem with this. How can I solve it?

You can try different RPC nodes

I have to try everything, until it works. How do I do that?

Meanwhileā€¦ my walletā€¦

OMGā€¦ Iā€™ve decided to open the MATIC transaction list in my wallet and Iā€™ve seen all the deploys Iā€™m trying ā€œqueuedā€!

Really? Is this the future of the web? I can not believe itā€¦

Finally I have been able to cancel almost everythingā€¦ some token has been lost along the way. :frowning:

Here is the detail of one that I have canceled more than 3 hours after starting itā€¦ Is this normal? (sorry, but Iā€™m new to this stuff, but is this how this transaction works in remix?)

If I wait for some hoursā€¦ could it finalize?