Ethereum Boilerplate Questions

update your version of react-moralis :raised_hands:. If it’s already the latest in package.json please run npm install

1 Like

I think there was some issue with connecting local dev chain account and not my general MetaMask. There needs to be added details in the QuickStart guide of template.

1 Like

Hi All
Can someone share how to update the contract to read from a live rinkeby Deployment and return functions/buttons?

Steps taken -

1. Replaced the ABI in contractInfo.json with the one from Rinkeby Etherscan from a verified contract
  2. In contract.jsx changed conts contractAddress to the Rinkeby contract address as string in quotes
  3. Put the contract .sol source into truffle/contracts
    But this shouldn’t be needed as it’s supposed to be live on Rinkeby, I did it anyway.
    All OK so far…
    The contract tab/page loads.
    But with the address of the contract and nothing else. It’s not loading any of the functions despite having the ABI in there. What am I doing wrong?

Contract in question is an ERC721 (of course, heh).

1 Like

Hi @JimBob

I’ll add today instructions how to work with already deployed to public networks contracts. For now he code was designed to work with devchain only, it requires some edits :man_factory_worker:

3 Likes

Got this error after following all the steps:
Unhandled Rejection (Error): Missing web3 instance, make sure to call Moralis.enableWeb3() or Moralis.authenticate()

Hi @zeus2510

Are you authenticated?
What steps do you mean?

The page loaded fine I can see the tabs, but the moment I click on the authenticate button this error message come out. Same with when I try to change the blockchain eg from eth to bsc, it gives the same error.

Is there some code I should add in to authenticate this?

Unhandled Rejection (Error): Missing web3 instance, make sure to call Moralis.enableWeb3() or Moralis.authenticate()

Do you have metamask installed in your browser?

Yes I have metamask in my browser

Hello,
Why can’t I see the picture of my NFT in the boilerplate?

Thanks

In the Wallet section, we don’t have the native crypto in “Asset”. (no Matic for Polygon)

Anyone tried deploying the Ethereum Boilerplate …
I just cloned it, then ran

• yarn install
    Added the env file
  • yarn build
    I added the env file in build folder as well and then deployed it using the moralis cli …
    this was the result https://d1qv5atvepad.usemoralis.com/
    Its a blank page … tried deploying it using the package serve and same results … what am I doing wrong

Is it possible to change the Moralis Logo in the code to your own logo? Sorry new to this and is that allowed? Thanks.

Aavegotchi metadata is not following standards as its stored in a special way using SVGs, it needs special parsing which is not supported out of the box with this boilerplate right now

2 Likes

Of course you can do what you want

Try running on localhost and see if you get issues

Are you uploading the build folder? Because Our demo page works correctly https://ethereum-boilerplate.github.io/quickstart

Hi @JimBob

I’ll add today instructions how to work with already deployed to public networks contracts. For now he code was designed to work with devchain only, it requires some edits :man_factory_worker:

Thanks Yomoo, I’ll check the repo for this. Much appreciated!
We would aim to use this with a new contract but have some tests already on a testnet we wanted to try setting up some simple UI for.
Many thanks

reload the metamask on that boilerplate page