Ethereum Boilerplate: Metamask Authentication not working on Mobile, Wallet connect not working either

Hey @achello !

I wasn’t able to answer you earlier, sorry. I just installed a fresh version, I’ll test it right now! I’ll let you know if I find something :raised_hands:

@Yomoo thank you for looking into it. you simply have to download the github repo and change the provider to wallet connect on the Account component and connect to a trust wallet account via QR code. None of the components are updating,please let me know if you have the same issue

@Yomoo I raised the issue on the github repo

2 Likes

Regarding your reply:

Thank you! The boilerplate now is designed only for WC. We will add WC in the next versions.

Do you mean it is designed only for Metamask only?

@Yomoo @cryptokid do you know if this issue still persists?

This is marked as SOLVED but it’s only a work around for react:

I’ve had many issues with Wallet Connect in the past and are just trying to revive it.
Getting the same CORS issue mentioned by others:

Tried with ‘CORS Everywhere’ browser add-on but no avail, might it be a setting on the server side?

I literally stopped using anything Moralis related because of this issue, it’s easier just to do things on your own by not using Moralis than wait for them to fix the issues. It’s been several months now and it’s ridiculous it takes them so long, just because they are doing too many things at the same time.

I did some more digging and it’s definitely related to the moralis RPC endpoint. Using an Infura ID works:

WalletConnectWeb3Connector.js #169:

if (typeof WalletConnectProvider === 'function') {
  ///this.provider = new WalletConnectProvider(config);
  new WalletConnectProvider({
   infuraId: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
  });
}

Still getting heaps of issues with WC, trying to buy an NFT results in revert ‘you cannot buy from yourself’ hahaha. Terrible WC, has been from the start. (see Signer issues when using Wallet Connect or Magic Link together with MetaMask)

But let’s start by fixing the RPC endpoint issue.
I get a similar CORS error by the way if I use an invalid infura key, so it’s probably related to auth and not to actual CORS.