Can no longer update my cloud code?

In the Moralis console, when I try to restart my server it says ā€œThere is a Cloud Function Error (Syntax/Undefined Variables) on your code, in order to Update/Restart your server fix the error first, You can check the full Log on the Dashboard -> Logs -> Errorā€

There are no new errors in my logs.

What the heck prompts this error the above message?

Thereā€™s no errors thrown the CLI when watching my cloud folder and it will say uploading changes complete successfully. The console shows the updated code, yet my app runs an older version of the code.

AND: even when I delete my entire cloud code in the console, nothing changes. It still doesnā€™t let me restart the server and my app still runs cloud functions that supposedly were deleted.

So I assume something is wrongā€¦it seems Moralis locked down my cloud code without being clear whyā€¦

you should be able to update your cloud code, even if you see that error, what you can not do is to restart/update your server

if you need to restart/update your server youā€™ll have to provide the server subdomain/url

But when I update the cloud code, itā€™s not really updating: even when I delete my entire cloud code in the console, nothing changes. It still doesnā€™t let me restart the server and my app still runs cloud functions that supposedly were deleted.

if you have an upgraded server, it will take some time to update the cloud code, it should update the cloud code when you change it

Itā€™s been at least 15+ minutes since I deleted my cloud code. Is it suppose to take that long for the server to know that?

no, it should not take 15 minutes usually, how do you know that it didnā€™t update the cloud code?

1. If I deleted my code, why would it still say ā€œThere is a Cloud Function Error (Syntax/Undefined Variables) on your codeā€?

2. If I deleted my code, why would my app still run cloud functions that are not there?

are you sure that 2 is still happening?
can you share your server url?

So I started a new server and I was able to find the log of this error this time (my previous serverā€™s logs pushed it out).

Iā€™m poking around solutions here: Set up Cloud Functions in your IDE Step 2: code example out of date with changes

Cloud Code tried to require 'C:\Users\MY-COMPUTER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\moralis-admin-cli\output.js' but this is not a whitelisted module.
    at require (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:132:31)
    at Object.214 (eval at customUserPlugin (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:140:21), <anonymous>:1:75)
    at __nccwpck_require__ (eval at customUserPlugin (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:140:21), <anonymous>:1:431)
    at eval (eval at customUserPlugin (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:140:21), <anonymous>:1:656)
    at eval (eval at customUserPlugin (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:140:21), <anonymous>:1:717)
    at customUserPlugin (/moralis-server/cloud/main.js:140:21)
    at /moralis-server/lib/cloud-code/plugins/index.js:115:15
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Object.initialize (/moralis-server/lib/cloud-code/plugins/index.js:104:3)
2022-01-08T19:18:56.669Z - CLOUD FUNCTION ERROR PLEASE CHECK YOUR CLOUD FUNCTION CODE

Hmm, seems to be working again on the new server. I installed the Moralis CLI globally again, which might have had a bug fix since last time version I installed according to the thread.