An NFT based Registrar for an art school

getting in over my head is how I learn fastest 8)

1st , context;
Now officially working with an Art School Foundation that is moving forward on converting their Artist’s Works Registry. Hooray
That is, after my fine presentation of why the solution to all their real world problems is to implement an NFT-Registrar for the works created by their art students some of which are in Big Art Galleries with over 50 years of producing physical paintings. so 1,000s of Paintings by recognised collectable artists waiting to be minted.

here is how over my head am In on this one.
I was never really a programmer but a server admin since the 80s and dropped all that 15 years ago and avoided java script at all costs.
So dec 2020 I realised I have moved back into tech as Crypto Development Specifically.
I am not an artist or content producer of any kind (but i do know a few prolific ones)
SO I have zero interest in NFTs and spent zero time looking into it even with the wonderful Ellio’s long term commentary and SuperFarm Launch

Now , I have started to build an NFT Registrar for an established art school.

I think I hit my head on the event horizon of the cryptoverse and I have to come back at it from the other side.

I expect this will be my new comfortable for a long time.

now I need to clarify some ideas and inspiration really really fast 8)
with out getting lost in analysis paralysis of the sea of info exclusively on ERC721.

here is the thing, I have not read any of these specs yet;
There are now a series of blockchain, internet, and content standards that NFTs follow. There are still variations, however. For instance, the most common NFTs are based on the Ethereum blockchains, and their primary blockchain standards are ERC-721 and ERC-1155. The Ethereum ERC-721 standard first became popular in 2017 with the CryptoKitty game.
ERC-1155 is a more advanced Ethereum standard that allows for the inclusion of multiple fungible and non-fungible items in the same smart contract. You store this data in a smart electronic wallet. Other Ethereum-based standards (all with unique features) include ERC-994, ERC-420, ERC-809, ERC-1201, and ERC-998.

OH NO there is more than 1 NFT Standard to deal with. ok now I feel like im drowning lol
it is just too much to assess and review in a bubble in a timely manner. But it is an important fundamental for many reasons.

I would really appreciate some guidance and direct review with someone that has experience with each of the NFT standards and which single or combination is best suited to use as the foundation of an NFT Based Registrar of Certfied Paintings for an existing ‘set group’ of artists.

second to that is any documented or video resources that reviews/compares the features/limitations/stregths of each ERC NFT Standard for use by Canvas Artists, National Galleries, Museums, a Canvas Art Registrar for life times of paintings preserved for the rest of time.

I understand the Basics of DIGITAL NFT , but I lumped it all as one category and never cared about the details.
I know the most important part is the finer details of tweaking the NFT Contract files themselves that is most important as this is what really defines the features and capabilities strengths and weaknesses of each NFT Standard and relevant use case.

its too much for me to parse in a weekend to verify making the right choice of NFT implementation.

Thank you so much for any input you can provide.

Cacao

2 Likes

As of now, Moralis supports ERC 721 and ERC1155.
The basic difference between the two is:

ERC721 = One of each item
ERC115 = Several “copies” of the same item.

Based on your use case, you can decide which one you want to go with (Or both).

Hope it gave you a nudge in the right direction.
If you find the programming part tricky, you could look for a partner (or several) for your project.

/Capplequoppe

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation

I garnered it was likely only ERC721 and ERC1155
and in some further opensea review of DIVERSE NFT use cases, they mention you can also do ERC1155 as 1 copy of 1 item and then take advantage of all the other ERC1155 features.(of which I have no idea what that is yet, except erc721 on steroids 8)

that is definitely me looking for collaborators on the programming 8)

I actually made a preliminary post inquiring for interested minds but no response yet.
I dont really expect everyone to see the post though. whats the best way to share?

but really I want the project to be core Moralis Raribles integrated to the schools registrar website. Thus i really want to colab with other devs already learning to use Moralis and signup to the hackathon for this real world project.

1 Like

Yes, you could descide to mint just one of each with 1155 also.
I was just explaining the main differences :wink:
As for collaborations, we have just created a new thread just for that:

Have a good one!

/Capplequoppe

@Cacao,

Hi I would like to talk to you about what you are looking for. I am working on an NFT project to link Physical Assets to defi in a way to track provenance and provide authentication of provenance. The POC of this is my entry for the Hackathon.

I have already talked to some Gallerys about their needs and would really appreciate your input.

Regards,

David

sure thing. where how?
here to start.
I think you will find that there are 2 primary types of Art Galleries
and neither of them can provide Authentication of Provenance.

Gallery One, Public Good Galleries like the NAtioanl Art GAllery or Museums
generally speak they have rather strict standards and never sell anything they buy and they are never the artists and never have authority to appraise a price.
They also can only verify there own ownership and no one elses
they have no interest in tracking ownership other than their own.

Private Galleries are really only Art Sales Stores
they have no authority to Authenticate and they usually dont own the Art Pieces either. Generally they Represent the Artist in Sales and its all owned by artist until it sells and the gallery operator takes a commission from sale.

The more you look into it the more you will discover how crooked art dealers are

NFTs are properly made by originating artist, not the person that bought it from them or the person representing its sale.

NFT has to start with representing the original creator or if a non creator makes an NFT of soemthing they bought, then they have PRESSUMED AUTHORITY over the Intellectual Property of the Creator.

lets review more of what you are really trying to solve.

Cacao

1 Like

I did not find your user name on t he Moralis Discord

thats weird … is it because I do not have Discord open? Checking …

oh - my discord account is my normal web user - Xactant

My project is AssetDAO - Bridging the gap between physical assets and DeFi

The website is not finished but it does have some information: assetdao.com

Still working on the whitepaper but the opening paragraph:

The purpose of the Asset Authentication Provenance Protocol (A2P2) is to provide a framework for proving the provenance, authenticity, and value of physical assets in a decentralized manner using a combination of RFID and blockchain technology to increase the confidence that an asset is what it is represented to be. With this increased confidence comes many benefits for an owner, including immutable proof of provenance, immutable proof of title, and full access to a wide range of decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, including insurance, lending, trading, and exchange platforms.

Hopefully the above will provide an idea of what I am trying to do.

Regards,

David

1 Like

Very Interesting.

an informative review is on your site.
I like the concept and ecosystem developed around it.

in my user case I see lots of cross over. However, the 2 individuals that manage the registrar are the exclusive authenticator of everything but see that price is not really up to the artist or the registrar because ultimately it is up to market place buyers n sellers or hodlers .
We talked about DAO but they take input on authentication and registration of COA from nobody and teh same for the NFT to be MinTed based on it.

The rfid is also very intersting but I am not sure about some old school National Galleries being ok with adding an RFID tag to old or even modern art paintings in their colelctions.

Modification of any kind is often the killer of PERFECT GRADE.

However I have been wondering how to exactly Perfect Attaching Digital NFT to Physical Art Piece.
We want to do this right from the start , which is to start from this users unique registrar use case.
Actually there are a lot of bad actors in this particular case and no dispute as to the single source of authority on authentication and now moving forward to register every existing claim whether it is for sale or not.

I suppose they inclined to record last sale price but not have to be consulted on approving the next sale price.

and they dont want to manage a market place or ecosystem or establish any new coin/token beyond the NFT per physical art piece.
They need essentially need to do the NFT creation process them selves as opposed to leave it up to an owner to set up to do it properly

I would very much like to review what you are doing more.
THanks

Cacao

1 Like

Working on the whitepaper and other docs as many of your concerns are addressed. I will pay some of this information on the dishes channel you started.

We are already in contact :wink:
gr.,
Cas

1 Like

this needs a dedicated dev account to keep it separate form other projects.

:star_struck: